Sign in to follow this  

Tram/Bus prices - Rip Off???

Now i'm not usually one to moan but honestly the travel system in Sheffield is starting to really get on my nerves. Maybe i'm just pining for the bygone days when you could catch the Number 2 bus and go all round town for 2p, but I think its really unfair how the service has just gradually got more and more expensive

Single bus ticket - £1.30-£1.50 depending how far you go.

Tram Ticket from Town Centre to Meadowhall £1.50!!

Its not just not the price but as far as the bus service is concerned, its not up to scratch. Take the example of the Stannington 83 bus. Its supposed to come every 15 minutes, but many a time I have been waiting up to 45 minutes for just one bus, only for it to drive right pass the stop because the driver is behind schedule.

Anyone else had any bad experiences???

I think the buses are expensive, although the weekly tickets are not bad value for money.

I've said this before, but I'd like to see cross-operator tickets being sold, not just on buses but also from newsagents, machines and kiosks. There would be less fares to make the system quicker and simpler.

Of course I could... and then learn how to drive it, pass your test, and then have enough money to run it, all on the strict budget that students have.

Originally posted by Christoph

Of course I could... and then learn how to drive it, pass your test, and then have enough money to run it, all on the strict budget that students have.

LOL. it was jokes - in reference to this thread:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3943&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

basically i got told to 'Buy a car then' by to20 - you can read my response which is similar to yours mate!

basically i got told to 'Buy a car then' by to20 - you can read my response which is similar to yours mate! [/b]

Hah! Good call...

Anyway, heres another incompetent bus driver story. I'm waiting for a bus in the dark, there's about 5 other people there. The bus goes up the road to turn round. On its way back, as it came into view we all witnessed the driver turn the bus lights off and drive straight past. I mean it was dark but how stupid did he take us for! Reminds me of the phrase "...If I cant see you, you cant see me..."

yes, the last no2 bus of the evening has driven straight passed me a couple of times - i've had my hand stuck out too. well annoying.

also the infrequent no81 to ringinglow being full of people going to eccelsall so you can't get on and you wanna go all the way to ringinglow village!

I get buses and trams for 40p (was 35p until a few weeks ago) so I can't complain, but I do agree that the full price fares are just too expensive.