If its not jap its scrap

Right so basically ive been thinking and i wondered what people think of jap cars ie subaru mitsuitbish nissan toyota etc.

Personaly i think they are great.

I've just bought a Honda Civic as the BMW that i've had for two years cost an arm and a leg to keep on the road due to breakdowns not to mention the days i've lost at work- it's been the worst car i've had for breaking down:gag:

My lad has had a Honda Civic for around three or four years and it sailed through the MOT each time without even an advisory:o:o, hoping mine does the same when it comes to it in a years time:cool:

I used to run this as well which was fantastic to drive, someone else on here is 'doing it up' now, it'll go like a rocket when it's finished!!!

It's a Toyota Crown custom estate eight seater, 2600ccauto..

John:)

Ooooo, you've opened a can of worms there......but I've driven many cars, my parents were Ford freaks, and can admit they are reliable, and easy and cheapish to maintain, I'd never thought about Jap stuff 'til I met my OH who loves 'em..my first foray into Jap was going to be a Pulsar GTIR, but wasn't going to be a sensible idea as I have 2 dogs and regularly drive 400 miles to Scotland to go boarding and biking, can't fit 2 dogs, 2 boards, 2 bikes and luggage in it....sooooo, my OH spotted a Scooby at a local dealers, I went and had a look and fell in love, so I'm the proud owner of a 2 litre Impreza Estate Sport and have never looked back, love her to bits and the AWD is a must in Scotland and also proved bloomin' handy when the snow was really bad...did have a few chuckles while easily passing other cars spinning their wheels to the rim!! Fab car, unfortunately got vandalised by the S2 crew on NY eve outside my house...I know it was them because they decided to tag their crew name into the side of my car with some keys, li'l b******s, suppose they were jealous...would recommend a Scooby anytime...:D

Love Jap cars

I had a Nissan Primera for 9 years without any problems, very economical and reliable.

i had a primera sri n reg saloon shape brilliant car

i hate jap cars ok may not brake down but there boring and full of grey plastic yak!

You can't beat jap cars for reliability but parts and repairs can be more costly.

not as reliable as they used to be honda are about the best but still not keen! on them

I have just bought an imported nissan 350z and its running like an absolute dream!!!

Although i need to change the stereo and of course the wiring is totally different- does anyone know who could wire my stereo in for me?

My lad has had a Honda Civic for around three or four years and it sailed through the MOT each time without even an advisory:o:o
My 12 year old MX-5 (owned for 10 years) has sailed through every MOT (UK), NCT (Ireland) and Contrôle Technique (France) it's ever had to go through, without ever receiving an advisory. That said, it has been, and is still being, religiously serviced twice a year. Small £50 one before winter, big £100 (per Mazda OEM recommendations) one mid-spring.

We've had japanese cars for the last 15 years, Mazdas and Subarus only. I had a Hyundai before that (S-coupe, the factory-lowered one tweaked by Lotus), my first Asian car, which made me switch to non-Europeans.

In 10 years of Japanese ownership, both marques included (5 cars in all), the only problem we ever had to fix was a faulty steering pump on the current Subaru, done under warranty (£0).

Would love to replace our current petrol Subaru with a TDI one, but I just can't bring myself to like the new 'hatch' look :(

Edited by L00b

Horses for courses ;)

I'm not a huge jap fan (as you can probably guess I'm into my VWs!), I've never really liked the styling.

However a few months ago I was lucky enough to have a ride in a nearly new Impreza STI and I must admit I loved it, and it certainly looks well from the front :D

love jap cars!

Wanted a rex but running costs put me off... as did a rebuild every 60k miles! :hihi:

Went with a supra and then an r33 skyline after that.

currently rocking a ford 5.4ltr v8 ute but will be getting another supra in the future as a toy..