Is there anywhere for a child to take a quad legally?

I have bought my 6 year old son a quad bike and would like to know where I can legally take him to learn to ride it? Does anyone know of anywhere? I know about the ones in Doncaster, but I would like something nearer to Sheffield / Rotherham............Maybe i'll buy some land and do it myself :)

there a farm at grenoside he charges a fiver but dont kno anymore than that sorry

Just the thing to buy if you have no where to go with it.

Brilliant

he could go up to the sheffield ski village and rid on one of theirs.

Not unless you get permission of a land owner sorry, if you just ride it on spare land the police can confiscate the quad.

Not very helpful comment 'Pooley' he obviously wants to stay legal by asking for help on here.

I reckon if you take it on a field where no one is, you should be fine. He's 6, if the police see they'd need to be right spiteful bell ends to take it off him. Plus he's under full supervision.

I reckon if you take it on a field where no one is, you should be fine. He's 6, if the police see they'd need to be right spiteful bell ends to take it off him. Plus he's under full supervision.

they will take it off him

a quad is a motor vehicle and can potentially be road licenced

however this quad will not be taxed, registered or insured, the rider is under age and the parent is 'causing or permitting' all the offences

the quad will be seized as an uninsured motor vehicle

parent reported for causing or permitting the use of a unlicenced, untaxed unregistered vehicle by an under age driver , possibility for a s.159 warning for the parent or their other vehicle used to carry the quad...

as others have said the only appropriate place is private land which the public do not ordinarily have access to with the permission of the person in control of that land ( i.e. the loadowner or tenant)

Just the thing to buy if you have no where to go with it.

Brilliant

You couldn't make it up could you! Who in their right mind would buy a 6 year old a quad bike anyway, let alone when they have no idea what to do with it when they get it. Perhaps they had run out of dangerous dogs, and this was all they had left at the chav shop.

Who in their right mind would buy a 6 year old a quad bike anyway

I agree.

I had a nasty accident on one last year - they can be really dangerous

I agree.

I had a nasty accident on one last year - they can be really dangerous

Your not bright enough to handle one so no one should consider riding one ?

Have you ever thought that had your parents bought you one at 6 and supervised you, you may have been good enough to stay on one ?

Whats wrong with learning a child to do things safe while they are young enough to listen to the parent and not be as reclace as they would be if they were introduced to them in their teenage years.

Tiger woods, learned golf as a kid, Nazim Hamed introduced to Brendan Ingle as a kid, most of the greatest motor sport drivers were introduced to vehicles as children. Its what makes champions.

Don't knock a parent for trying, there's parent that introduce kids to smoking and drinking so it could be worse. I say good luck to parents willing to try give there kids the best start in life.

You couldn't make it up could you! Who in their right mind would buy a 6 year old a quad bike anyway, let alone when they have no idea what to do with it when they get it. Perhaps they had run out of dangerous dogs, and this was all they had left at the chav shop.

Totally agree. What is it in today's society that makes parents give in to their children's demands?? If your 6 year old came in and asked for a gun or a knife (just as likely to kill as the quad bike) would you agree to that? My parents had one simple answer to my demands - NO!!!!!

Totally agree. What is it in today's society that makes parents give in to their children's demands?? If your 6 year old came in and asked for a gun or a knife (just as likely to kill as the quad bike) would you agree to that? My parents had one simple answer to my demands - NO!!!!!

Who says he gave into his childs demands ?

that's a bit of an asumption.

I know lots of parents who promote there kids undertaking an exciting hobby or pastime, yours may not have, and your lucky it didn't leave you bitter or vindictive!

He's asking about legal places closer to home..... He knows about the ones further away, and will no doubt use those if no closer ones are available.

This chap seems to have been tarred with a very indiscriminate and eager brush.

Of course the selected quote above is jokingly made surely?