Photographer for Live Music Gig Sat 5th June

Hi all,

We are on the lookout for a events photographer to take some shots of a gig on Saturday night 5th June in Sheffield,

Ideally it would be aimed at someone who is looking to develop a portfolio as unfortunately we woul be able to pay for the photographers time.

If anyone interested please get in touch

[email protected]

You mean your cheap and want it doing for free

unfortunately we woul be able to pay for the photographers time

unfortunately your would be able to pay or you wouldn't ?

If your after decent shots you will need to offer something if not money, free photos normally means bad photos.

Edited by Nickscape

Hi, I'm looking for someone to do some plumbing and also some building work on my house, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to pay for the work, so ideally it would suit someone who enjoys working for free.

If you're musicians you probably paid for your instruments , at the venue the bar staff will be paid , so why expect the photographer to work for nothing?

Surely, you could raise some money to pay someone?

Hi, it may be worth looking into hillsborough college, contacting the photography and fashion tutors as their students do projects and it may benefit them and you!

Or go to the photography forum on the Special Interest Groups section.

Good idea SheffDancer I'll get in touch with Sheffield College regarding doing some work on my house, I'm sure the construction students will jump at the chance to practice their burgeoning skills, if you do a good job I could recommend you to other people that need free workers.

Joking aside, come on lads if you all clubbed together a tenner each this would give the photographer £50, though still a paltry amount, this would be a gesture of good will. I'm sure you all spend more than £10 a week on beer and other sundries.

Many thanks to the advice from the constructive people.

to Carlos and others being a little bit negative, we spend quite a lot of money on publicity and do have a regular photographer who is first class but it is just not feasable to be paying out right, left and centre for every gig or publicity.

The advert was for photographers who were wanting to develop their skills and portfolio and also help ourselves get some good live gig photos, therefore being mutually beneficail to both parties.

coming from someone who is completing final course in photography students do like projects like this, it builds our port and skills up, and free pics dont mean bad pics thank you very much!

Not being negative about the band's music, had a look a your site, great music and some stunning photos. http://section60.info/gigs.htm

You mention that you spend a lot of money on publicity, therefore you are saying the printers have to be paid (they obviously won't work for free) and because you value their time and expertise you don't expect them to work for zilch. You expect to the gig at the Red House this Saturday to be a sell out, £5 x 100 = £500, allowing for your costs, you're still going to be making some money, plus any money you make on CD sales.

Good luck Emma on your final year. Next year you may decide to continue with photography and maybe set up as a freelance, which means getting paid, so it will be quite annoying when people say we can't afford to pay you, could you work for free, if not don't worry we'll use a student from the local college.

Check out my son

http://www.joshua-holt.com/

But come on...free...give him £50 sovs....like you he has to buy his kit and maintain it which costs money.

Pete

Yes Pete, your son's a promising photographer, good quality pictures. Go on Section 60, give him the gig, and yes £50 is not going to break the bank surly.

Some of my favourite snappers were from the 'good old days' NME i.e. Anton Corbijn, Kevin Cummins, Pennie Smith et al.

Emma ,free pics may not necessarily mean bad pics, but it does mean you place no value on your work, and therefore, that they're not worth paying for .