Burgoyne Road school

His it the Malcolm nut tall that lived on Elton street who

Had a sister called June and a younger brother called graham

The very same he served for many years in the RAF.

Peer Gynt, Jose is very impressed & surprised each time she sees the names you mention, we have been left Sheffield 43 years, Lancs for 40 and Cornwall for nearly 3 years.

The last person Jose saw from school was Steven Varley many years ago in a cafe in Blackpool.

ps, you will have guessed by now that she is not a computer person so I do all the "work"

keep the info coming please,

Peer Gynt, Jose is very impressed & surprised each time she sees the names you mention, we have been left Sheffield 43 years, Lancs for 40 and Cornwall for nearly 3 years.

The last person Jose saw from school was Steven Varley many years ago in a cafe in Blackpool.

ps, you will have guessed by now that she is not a computer person so I do all the "work"

I wonder if anyone remembers the silver cup in memory of 'Betty Cragg', also where is it now.

Betty was in our class S1 (Mrs Millhouses) when she died suddenly, the cup was presented to the class with the best attendance that particular week and was kept on display in the lower hall.

hi just registered on this site. I was at Burgoyne road county school in the fifties I lived on Elton street. heres a few class mates. kieth leeming , dennis beatson , tony holingworth, Philip bilton, graham spur, ernest Sutherland, kieth howard, Philip gad,

roy hodgson , kieth Bancroft , susan straw , angela henstock , pat hawthorne .can anybody remember this crowd.

I did not go to this school but roy hodson was my best man and dennis beatson was my brother in law .sadly dennis died a few years ago he was a real character

Jose was walking on Walkley Street with Betty when she collapsed and died (aged 11 or 12), They were going to the Walkey Palladium to see OLD FATHER TIME. Pauline Whitehouse and Barbara Billard were also there. Jose remembers the cup you mention very clearly.

Jose had to attend the Inquest as a witness which upset her at the time.

Saw Peter Green a few weeks ago at the 'Shiny Sheff' pub in Lodge Moor.

Also met up with Trevor Asquith, Keith Lindley, and Roger Gregory in the army in the 60s

Read in the Star at the end of last week that a Steven Varley had died at the age of 69, he was one year below me so that would make him the right age.

Does anyone know if this is the same Steven Varley?

---------- Post added 14-08-2013 at 15:02 ----------

Had hoped that someone would have some news regarding if the recently deceased Stephen Varley age 69 was ex Burgoyne Road School.

I went to burgoyne rd school from 1960-1966, does anyone remember Mrs Lowry the headmistress from the infant school? and who could forget Mr Cohen the napoleonic headmaster from the junior/senior school. that bloke put the fear of god up me more times than I care to remember!

Hi Pete. I was there From 1960 to 1965 and remember Mrs Lowry and Mr Cohen very much and still remember getting the cane from him.

Melvyn raynor has an hotel in the lake district at Kendal or kessick but lost touch now. alan crapper died a few years ago him and carl Hutchinson worked together but sadly carl died also about 18 months ago.

I think Carl was Barry Hutchinsons brother, Barry lives down Upperthorpe [sounds daft that dun't it].

Was Alan Crapper the brother of Robin who is a well known greyhound trainer at Owlerton dog track he used to live on Hoole Street.

Edited by cuttsie

I think Carl was Barry Hutchinsons brother, Barry lives down Upperthorpe [sounds daft that dun't it].

Was alan Crapper the brother of Robin who is a well known greyhound trainer at Owlerton dog track he used to live on Hoole Street.

As far as I know Alan Crapper lived on Elton Street, he had a sister called Eileen.