Burgoyne Road school

Yes Sue, did you go to Hinde House or similar? I went to Marlcliffe with Susan Oldfield. We passed the old 11 plus when in mr Davy's class. Do you still live in Sheffield. Not been to Walkley for anfew years, last time most of the familiar streets had changed. I live in the peak district now.

I was in Mr Davy's class when I passed the 11 plus to High Storrs. Still live in Sheffield but left Walkley about the same time I started at High Storrs.

Before its too late why don't we organise a get together with those of us that are left?

I know chalky won't be able to make it but we could make up a CD of the occasion and send it to him.

I'm sure Josie Loy would be good enough to take on the ordeal.

We could all buy her a well deserved gift for taking on the task.

So let's see what people think.

Jose asked me to reply by saying that as we live in Cornwall it would be difficult to arrange a reunion from 375 miles away.

Sorry about this but sure you will understand. Jose

Jose asked me to reply by saying that as we live in Cornwall it would be difficult to arrange a reunion from 375 miles away.

Sorry about this but sure you will understand. Jose

Sorry Jose didn't realise that, all the best.

G'day Dark Knight/Frank Kirk, just letting you know that I will be in Sheffield in June 2016 if you want to catch up for a beer and a chat (if we are still breathing then).

I would love to get in touch with some of the friends I had at Burgoyne road school which then changed to st marys school. I left in 1980 to go to King Edwards secondary school. I lived 23 Cromwell street. I remember happier times here.

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 20:00 ----------

I was at Burgoyne road school 1974-1980 but it had changed to st marys c of e when I left. would be great to get in touch with those I was at school with. Judith Collingwood, Lester Polucy, Alison pickering.

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 20:01 ----------

Lisa (Green) I lived 23 Cromwell street.

Hi all , i went to Burgoyne Rd for a few years in the 60,s. I think the teachers i had were Mrs Penrose and Mr Davy as i remember and that the Headmaster was called Mr Cohen or something like that. I lived on Cundy St and the school wall backed onto our garden . I can recall a couple of lads one called Sam Ellis and another called Ron Hill. Next to us was an old chapel where they used to spray things so the garden always had a tinge of white paint.

Jim

Ive just been reading the posts about burgoyne road school and it certainly brought back memories seeing all the names. I was in the same class as Dennis Beatson, Philip Gadd. I sat next to Brian Mottram and constantly got the blackboard eraser thrown at me by Pop Morris. I believe Dennis Beatson, who I had more than enough fights with (lost most) on the spare land on the right side of the road just down from the school, became a pro footballer and played for Boston United. Sadly I hear he passed away a while ago.

Its been a reaal treat seeing all the names, and Im sorry I found the forum when it is unused.

My name is Dennis Simmonds

Does anyone recently joined know Jaquie Bregory think that she had a sister called Brigitte, Her dad had the butchers down the road in 60's

My sister and I went to Burgoyne Road school in the 50s remember Miss Wilson she taught me in first class of infants and also miss Lowry I loved the school we lived on Walkley street

I went to Burgoyne Rd School from 1944 to 1953. Some members of my cless were, Roy Hurt, Tony Wild, Stewart Riply, Dorathy Round. I lived on Walkley Street then moved to Hoole Street. There was a road across from the school called Harworth Street at the junction where it ran in to Burgoyne Rd, a bomb fell and the bomb site that was left, we used to play there, we made winter warmers from the orange clay that came out of the crater. A boy in my class was called Philip Beal, his parents owned a sweet shop between Horold Street and Burgoyne Close - There lies another tale.

Does anyone recently joined know Jaquie Bregory think that she had a sister called Brigitte, Her dad had the butchers down the road in 60's

Correction Jennifer Gregory