Any carp fishermen?

I knew you were going to say there.

Thats where I had mine on 12m halibut pellet, also a grass carp on popped up dog biscuit.

yh lol, i love it on there, chatty people too, im going there on the 7th of august for 2 weeks, and im gettin all new fishing gear, all mines just messed up all different makes and that, and id rather have near enough all the same make if you know wat i mean, see wat i can catch when i go down, what gear do you use?

It's as easy as 123 believe me.. Anyone want any free casting lessons ?

I find that the hit from a trout and the fight is much more than playing a 20lbs+ carp that is too fat to do any dynamic moves on you..

Anyone up for a days casting on the Don ? I have 4 spare rods and reels with enough flies to put ykk to shame..

Thats so true a small brown has much more fight in it then any fat old carp, you dont see carp leaping out of the water and twisting etc

yh lol, i love it on there, chatty people too, im going there on the 7th of august for 2 weeks, and im gettin all new fishing gear, all mines just messed up all different makes and that, and id rather have near enough all the same make if you know wat i mean, see wat i can catch when i go down, what gear do you use?

I have too much tackle to list.

Thousands of pounds worth but have come to the conclusion that no fish can tell the price of the tackle that is catching it.

Expensive tackle is to catch us the punter, not fish.

Take it from me, don't fall into that trap.

Sewin are for the chosen, whereas Grayling are easy on the Don and not so easy on the Wye at Bakewell. Trout is where its at for real fishing.. "Fly only" It takes patience and effort other than bleepers and beer.. Sorry missed a few out; Bivvy, bevvy, burgers, barbecue, Beep Beep BEEEEEEEEEEEEP .. run... Shame on you for combining beer with fishing..

I caught my first sewin in cumbria when i was 9, fishing for eels using a handle line near the sea on a tidal river, using a large worm bait. The trout was huge and tasted fab!!!

well its just rods i need better ones, iv got chairs n bivi n that lot but it just rods and reels but its wat brand too get if u know what i mean

well its just rods i need better ones, iv got chairs n bivi n that lot but it just rods and reels but its wat brand too get if u know what i mean

The tackle shop at ingoldmells is ok.

I use Shimano or Browning Reels.

yh thats where i get all my stuff from, when you next going down?

yh thats where i get all my stuff from, when you next going down?

Thursday................

lucky lol, im not down till august when i go away :/ but cant wait, i just wish i could fetch my gear back but i cant with transport only being a car with not much space

lucky lol, im not down till august when i go away :/ but cant wait, i just wish i could fetch my gear back but i cant with transport only being a car with not much space

I'm going to give it a go on Saturday, the peg right on the corner of the Island.

haha thats my spot, always go for the corner of the island but wait which corner? near the electrical wire thing?

Thats so true a small brown has much more fight in it then any fat old carp, you dont see carp leaping out of the water and twisting etc

my best to date is 9lbs 8oz Brown from Eye Brook Res and a 16lbs 3oz Rainbow from Dever Springs last summer .. £50 very well spent..