More chaos at ASDA.

I don't often shop at ASDA, but as I was passing on my way into Sheffield I stopped off for a few items.

For the second time in 4 shopping trips to this supermarket the fire alarm went off and the store had to be evacuated. We all had to leave shopping trolleys around the store and go out into a light drizzle.

Driving off wasn't an option because the car park was grid locked.

As I said this is the 2nd time that this has happened to me at this store. Does anyone know if it a regular occurance at ASDA, because I have better things to do with my life than waste an hour on a 5 minute shopping trip?

You never know, next time it could be 3rd time lucky and the staff ignore the alarm and hundreds of people burn to death :loopy:

To be on the safe side, next time you visit take a brolly, just in case that nasty drizzle is waiting for you :P

Or stop whining and shop elsewhere.....

Seem to remember a very similar thread on here a while ago, or maybe that was another supermarket. Everyone had to leave their shopping and a lot of people didn't bother going back for it because they had to stay outside for a while until everything had been checked.

I was at Handsworth Asda this afternoon and the alarm went off about 5 mins after I'd got there. We were only waiting outside for about 15 mins not an hour. I actually thought it was very good the way the evacuation was handled by the staff and the managers who stood at the entrance kept updating the waiting customers.

Once the fire brigade had checked it out we were allowed back in very quickly so I don't see what all the fuss was about. Would you rather die in a fire just so you could get some bread and milk? And it was hardly raining either.

LATEST NEWS: ASDA have bread on offer, slightly burnt, but never mind!

I wouldn't think that ASDA would be very happy either, if it keeps happening the fire service will be sending them a bill for the false alarms.