Haunted Sheffield??

Anyone know of any good places to visit for ghost sightings?

Didn't really believe until we were down in Devizes for a family wedding, the hotel we were staying in was meant to be haunted, but not in our room.

Woke several times to see and hear the bathroom door open and close on its own, sounds of water going down a plughole (like somebody was emptying a bath, though it wasn't full) and also awoke at one point to see the shape of a woman stood by the main door, looking over towards the bed and window.

Live in S13, and hear Norton is meant to be a bit of a hotspot, but can anyone give me more info? :)

Try Carbrook Hall, I hear there are a lot of spirits there ;)

Stocksbridge Bypass is one of the best areas for sightings and lots of things happening

Try Carbrook Hall, I hear there are a lot of spirits there ;)

Not a ghost of a chance of seeing anything though.:wow:

Stocksbridge Bypass is one of the best areas for sightings and lots of things happening

I can second that!!!!

I must let you know of my experience recently !!

I was upstairs in our attic bedroom setting up my eldest sons computer at about 2pm in the afternoon. Whilst I sat waiting for the computer to boot up, I heard a young child (right at the side of me say) 'Daddy'. I said 'what love' thinking it was my youngest son who is 5 years old. No one answered, so I quickly got up and looked around the bedroom, as my youngest son likes to make you jump...there was no one there, so I quickly opened the door to the stairs, no one there. I then quickly ran downstairs. As I got closer to the living room, I could here him talking to his mum. I entered the living room, and asked my wife if Oliver had been upstairs, but he had'nt.... Spooky.

I also often see someone walk past the window between our living room, and the hall. But when I open the door to the hall, there is no-one there. I have had this confirmed by my mother, who when babysitting for us, as also stated the same.....Also a friend of ours has told me (once I told her these stories) that she hates our hall, as when she babysits for us, will not go in the hall as it has always freaked her out...

I could tell you another 5 or 6 experiences of mine, but I will leave that till next time...

There have been sightings of a woman wearing a blue dress from another era (can't remember which!) in Hillsborough Walled Garden/park, my sister saw her years ago in the shop she used to work in opposite Hillsborough Park on Middlewood Road so this lady must get about a bit.

Also Sheffield Paranormal Society held some kind of vigil at the Fire Museum at West Bar last weekend and had Dr Ciaran O'Keefe from Most Haunted there. I think they hold quite a few paranormal events at that place.

Not a ghost of a chance of seeing anything though.:wow:

I don't know about that. Many spirits later, you might be seeing things :)

There is a guided tour of 'Haunted Sheffield', which I have been on. The couple run it look pretty spectral themselves!

Details are here