Old tv programmes

anybody remember range rider an his sidekick dick west all american boy. class jock mahony played range rider who went on to play tarzan once i think

Think your right there Jim.

Can remember three of the straight men Benny had but not their names.

Little Irish fellow he used to pat on the head.

A big guy who took his teeth out.

and the one with the pointy nose, slick backed hair and educated upper class accent.

Yes - Nicholas Parsons worked with Arthur Haynes (who always called him "Nicholarse").

Can remember three of the straight men Benny had but not their names. Little Irish fellow he used to pat on the head...
That was Jackie Wright. and here he is.
A big guy who took his teeth out.
Sounds like Bob Todd.
..the one with the pointy nose, slick backed hair and educated upper class accent.
and that was Henry McGee - a very funny man! Edited by hillsbro

Benny Hill.

I met a girl last night, she told me that was from Newcastle, and her name was Henny Bill.

I liked the idea, but now I´m not so Keyne. :surprised

but chiefly - yourselves !!

You wouldn't be suggesting that we're a bunch of old cronies there would you?! :o

Anybody remember a Saturday morning kids show in the late 60s or early 70s called Zokko? It was like a magazine show hosted by a talking pinball machine!

It had a space adventure series called Skayne, I loved it.

I'd totally forgotten about Zokko until I saw your post. I have a feeling it was favourite show for a while, but can only remember a sort of boxy robot and the catch phrase "oh-o Zokko"

These I loved :-

HR Puffenstuff, Ace Of Wands, Time Slip, Time Tunnel, Marine Boy, Captain Scarlet, The Beachcombers, The Clangers, The Ghost Of Motley Hall, Noggin The Nog, Pardon My Genie, Pretenders, The Paper Bag Players, Changes, Danger Island, Lidsville, Grange Hill, Blake's 7 (time for a remake), Dr Who (of course).

There was one kids programme in the 70s I remember loving, but have little memory of it, if anybody has any ideas. Two of the lead characters were a fat man who always seemed to be annoyed and a dopey thin man whose name appeared to be Dogeared or something like that and the title I think may have something..Towers.

You wouldn't be suggesting that we're a bunch of old cronies there would you?! :o

If the cap fits my dear ! ;):P

These I loved :-

HR Puffenstuff, Ace Of Wands, Time Slip, Time Tunnel, Marine Boy, Captain Scarlet, The Beachcombers, The Clangers, The Ghost Of Motley Hall, Noggin The Nog, Pardon My Genie, Pretenders, The Paper Bag Players, Changes, Danger Island, Lidsville, Grange Hill, Blake's 7 (time for a remake), Dr Who (of course).

There was one kids programme in the 70s I remember loving, but have little memory of it, if anybody has any ideas. Two of the lead characters were a fat man who always seemed to be annoyed and a dopey thin man whose name appeared to be Dogeared or something like that and the title I think may have something..Towers.

There was Brights Boffins which featured a guy called Dogsears Dawson ..played by Gordon Rollings ....Bertie Bright was played by Alexander Dore...could that be the programme you are thinking of ?

There was Brights Boffins which featured a guy called Dogsears Dawson ..played by Gordon Rollings ....Bertie Bright was played by Alexander Dore...could that be the programme you are thinking of ?

Cheers Guzziowl, having looked Bright's Boffins up on-line it sounds very much like that might be the show I remember, though there's very little information about and I've not found any pictures from the show at all.

It did remind me though, of another of my most favourite programmes as a kid. The Herbs which was narrated by Gordon Rollings.