Wedding Cake advice..

Hi,

We're thinking of buying our wedding cake from Waitrose and I am trying to find out if supermarkets use the same bakers and all you are paying for is the brand?

Also has anyone had a wedding cake from a supermarket and if so any advice?

Cheers :-)

generally yes they are made by the same manufacturer but not in all cases are you paying for the brand... for instance... Tesco cakes will be made on a Tuesday and on Thursday the fruit content and stabilizers are upped for waitroses' cakes. All cakes from supermarkets are of good quality as they have stabilizers which most handmade cakes do not. You are guarunteed they are cooked as well as I work for a wedding venue and find some cakes are undercooked and we have to waste it as its not servable. They are also easier to cut up and portion

I have eaten a M&S one and it was beautiful - they tend not to be decorated however, so you would need to get you florist to decorate it to your spec with fresh flowers - far better than some nasty sugar 'craft' as nothing beats the real thing! Good luck!