Zakir Naik - "Jihadist Preacher" comes to Sheffield

I am looking forward to seeing Dr Zakir Naik, I have enjoyed his lectures via the net for many years, he was a student of Ahmet Deedat, who in my humble opinion was the most elequent speaker on bothe the Qu'ran and the Bible.

Zakir Naik is most definately qualified to speak at a large venue, he has memorised both the Qu'ran and the Bible, understands and speaks Hebrew, Greek and other languages.

He calls for a greater understanding and acceptance between faiths, and talks about the simularities between Christians and Muslims, rather than the differences, but he is quite hard on us as Muslims, that we should follow our faith more diligently. I think this is where the statements that have been attributed to him have come from, they have been taken out of context, or completely fabricated.

To write 'Zakir Naik - "Jihadist Preacher', is very provocative, this man has never advocated violence, and for those of us who have followed his teachings, this is very unworthy of a tolerant free-thinking society.

I may not agree with everything that he says, in much the same way as some Catholics have issue with what the Pope says, but I certainly wouldn't be disrespecful, in terms of how he looks, or of other Catholics.

Dr Zakir's message is that of coming together, not what divides us, and that is why some of you have been invited by your Muslims friends and neighbours, they wouldn't do so if they thought that you would be insulted by what he would say.

Not everything that is reported in the media is accurate, or responsible reporting, much more to do with grabbing a front line.

iam all the free speach but to allow this advocater of terrorism why should our country allow people like this

So much for keeping an open mind Red:| As a local politician you would be well known in many circles and these people would invite most of the community representatives as a mark of respect for the place they visit but obviously you have taken a negative view already, which is your choice.

I took exception to an invitation that was worded as if the sender and I were buddies and I detest receiving stuff proclaiming I'm a VIP for this or that event. That's why I binned my invite.

However, I have attended various Muslim-organised events (complete with prayers), and will continue to do so. I have also accepted an invitation to visit a mosque. I also accepted an invitation to play Santa at a church service last Christmas (complete with hymns, prayers and a sermon) - despite the fact that the pastor is well aware that I am an atheist.

Despite holding atheist views, I don't take a negative view of other people's religious views. It's their decision to follow a religious belief, and I respect their decision. I'll continue to attend religious events in my capacity as a community leader, but not if the invitation is couched in the way this one was.

also edl are palnning demonstrations against this

that was always going to happen . i fear a mass demo by the EDL at the arena .

iam all the free speach but to allow this advocater of terrorism why should our country allow people like this

I am for free of speech but I don't think you should be allowed to say that.:hihi: Are you sure you are for free speech? I don't think you know what free speech is my friend, it's not about giving freedom for people to say what you want to hear.

I am for free of speech but I don't think you should be allowed to say that.:hihi: Are you sure you are for free speech? I don't think you know what free speech is my friend, it's not about giving freedom for people to say what you want to hear.

why cant he say that because its true he is advocater of terrorism and shouldnt be allowed in this country what he says about women is disgraceful

I am looking forward to seeing Dr Zakir Naik, I have enjoyed his lectures via the net for many years, he was a student of Ahmet Deedat, who in my humble opinion was the most elequent speaker on bothe the Qu'ran and the Bible.

Zakir Naik is most definately qualified to speak at a large venue, he has memorised both the Qu'ran and the Bible, understands and speaks Hebrew, Greek and other languages.

He calls for a greater understanding and acceptance between faiths, and talks about the simularities between Christians and Muslims, rather than the differences, but he is quite hard on us as Muslims, that we should follow our faith more diligently. I think this is where the statements that have been attributed to him have come from, they have been taken out of context, or completely fabricated.

To write 'Zakir Naik - "Jihadist Preacher', is very provocative, this man has never advocated violence, and for those of us who have followed his teachings, this is very unworthy of a tolerant free-thinking society.

I may not agree with everything that he says, in much the same way as some Catholics have issue with what the Pope says, but I certainly wouldn't be disrespecful, in terms of how he looks, or of other Catholics.

Dr Zakir's message is that of coming together, not what divides us, and that is why some of you have been invited by your Muslims friends and neighbours, they wouldn't do so if they thought that you would be insulted by what he would say.

Not everything that is reported in the media is accurate, or responsible reporting, much more to do with grabbing a front line.

Regardless of what he has to say, it's all lies!! There is no such thing as GOD! Not in any shape or form!!

Regardless of what he has to say, it's all lies!! There is no such thing as GOD! Not in any shape or form!!

Are you saying people can't have Imaginary friends?

Are you saying people can't have Imaginary friends?

Not without being sectioned they can't!

why cant he say that because its true he is advocater of terrorism and shouldnt be allowed in this country what he says about women is disgraceful
So it is now terrorism to say what he said about women? :huh: That may be terrible but not terrorism by a long shot, however it would be interesting to see what gave you the idea that he advocated terrorism? The security services apparently don't think so, which sort of begs the question what information are you privy to that they are not?

I'd like to hear what he has to say, rather than whats reported he said, so I can make my own mind up....