The X Factor Series Two Megathread

Originally posted by Rich

It's all very well being good eye candy, but eye candy doesn't sell CDs... Oh well OK it does in a way

Two words, Gareth and Gates.

It's all very well being good eye candy, but eye candy doesn't sell CDs... Oh well OK it does in a way, but it's vocal talent that matters more, and clearly Shane has more talent than Andy or the result would've been different.

So what happened to Maria then?

Originally posted by spyro2000

So what happened to Maria then?

I neither know nor care, IMO these "talent" shows are over-rated and pants... Cos whoever wins them gets maybe 1 or 2 number 1s based on hype from their win on Pop Idol or whatever, and then the media finds out some dirty little secret on them like they're gay or sommit, and the public drops them like a hot spud... The only possible exception to that is Will Young, who is gay but is still in the charts.

And no, I am not saying there is anything wrong with gay people before anyone starts, this is not the thread for THAT particular debate...

I neither know nor care, IMO these "talent" shows are over-rated and pants... Cos whoever wins them gets maybe 1 or 2 number 1s based on hype from their win on Pop Idol or whatever, and then the media finds out some dirty little secret on them like they're gay or sommit, and the public drops them like a hot spud... The only possible exception to that is Will Young, who is gay but is still in the charts.

And no, I am not saying there is anything wrong with gay people before anyone starts, this is not the thread for THAT particular debate...

Funny thing about that, Rich, as Will Young was the first winner of Pop Idol (the second being Michelle McManus) and Will is the only winner of this type of talent show who has admitted he's gay, as far as I know, so I can't see what facts you're basing your post on.

I know George Michael isn't a talent show winner, but it turned his career around for the better when he actually admitted he was gay/bi.

IMO, it would be much better if you could make some positive comments ~ I've noticed that most of your posts have been very negative recently.

Simon Cowell was on the 'Paul O'grady' show today, (OK, it was my day off and by 5pm I was bored - and it's better than 'Richard and Judy' ) (marginally)

Anyway, Good news for any 'Journey South' fans (that would be me) He says he's going to 'work with them' I guess that means they'll be bringing a cd out or something.

Originally posted by Ann_x

IMO, it would be much better if you could make some positive comments ~ I've noticed that most of your posts have been very negative recently

And you're pretty self righteous just lately Ann_x but doesn't stop you spouting off does it....?