What time do you have to stop doing DIY at night?

I'm diy ing right now - not drilling but i will be hoovering the mess up even later on.

Unless you live in a castle, I doubt it'll take you more than 20 minutes to hoover. :)

I'd be a bit concerned if it is Artex the guy is removing as I thought this contained asbestos in it, dependent on age but check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artex

As for your situation I think he should do it during the day instead of watching Jeremy Kyle (or is he watching himself on it?)

Particularly as you have young children I would be making allowances but I thought a reasonable time would be 9.00 pm and no later but before your children's bedtime in this instance.

swarfendor43

if he gets a wall paper steamer that sofens artex than scrape it off

if he gets a wall paper steamer that sofens artex than scrape it off

hes just started to scrape it now and has the tv on rather loud, its crazy im just hoping he dosent wake my children up!

I'd be a bit concerned if it is Artex the guy is removing as I thought this contained asbestos in it, dependent on age but check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artex

As for your situation I think he should do it during the day instead of watching Jeremy Kyle (or is he watching himself on it?)

Particularly as you have young children I would be making allowances but I thought a reasonable time would be 9.00 pm and no later but before your children's bedtime in this instance.

swarfendor43

thanks for the link im on my phone now so cant see the link but i will look in the morning :)

could someone tell me what time noise diy has to stop?? my not so thoughtful neighbour as started doing diy now and is banging rather loud, its only 6pm so not to bothered at the moment but my children go to bed at 7pm and i dont want it keeping them up all hours like it did a few months ago (up until 3.45 am!!!)

Noise nuisances aren't defined by occurring at any particular time of day, although noise at commonly accepted unreasonable times (like after 9pm) would be more likely to be considered nuisance.

If his DIY is persistently causing you problems, it may be a statutory nuisance and he could be prosecuted, although this would be an extreme response.

The council would intervene for you if you report the issue to them, but the noise would need to be often at unreasonable times or persistently spoiling your peace and quiet at any time. You can report the nuisance on Sheffield's anti-social behaviour and nuisance line, which is telephone number 101.

More info from: http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/environmental-health/pollution/noise-pollution/domestic

"well ive got to do diy at sometime" it wouldnt be so bad but he dosent work, hes up with loud tv until all hours then just sits about all day until about 6-6.30 when he starts :loopy:

How do you know he just 'sits about all day'?

How do you know he just 'sits about all day'?

hes told us before he cant be bothered to do anything until later on in the day.

we had it when new neighbour moved in but same again always started at 7pm at night drilling ect i move myself in a week so lets hope their new neighbours show the same kindness ha ha