Is it normal for my tongue to turn a whitey colour after a piercing

I had my tounge done on tuesday and now it looks asif my tounge has got a white furry coating on it, Ive looked on the internet and people are saying this is normal just wondering if it happend to anyone else there is no pain and no puss coming from the piercing thank you

I had my tounge done on tuesday and now it looks asif my tounge has got a white furry coating on it, Ive looked on the internet and people are saying this is normal just wondering if it happend to anyone else there is no pain and no puss coming from the piercing thank you
mine went like that for a few days but cleared once the swelling had gone down

it's infected and is about to drop off... ;) no, seriously, I kid.

if you have any concerns, get yourself to the person best qualified (literally) to advise you about any worries/ problems, - that'd be the doctor!

yes I would say its normal, mine did that the day after it was pierced and lasted for a few days

no this is not normal your tongue will probably be three times its normal size by tomorrow.

If it doesn't swell overnight and block your air way fully then just call the doctor in the morning!

Edited by jamesogt

If you are still worried. Phone NHS direct or go to drop in centre.

It is normal. Tongues are usually pretty effective at self-cleaning but with a fresh piercing this isn't possible, if it really bothers you try gently brushing your tongue or just wait for the piercing to heal and normal function will return.

It isn't "normal" to have someone poke metal through your tongue voluntarily.

Rileyjay,

I trust you will be ok- as a fellow poster says- any worries check it out with the NHS.

Forgive my curiousity but why did you have it done? Does it feel odd or uncomfortable?

Best Wishes ,

WB

If i remember correctly (i had mine done 3.5years ago) it does do this but should be ok within a day or two :) If you are worried though, call NHS.

Also, keep sucking ice cubes/ice lollies to keep the swelling down - did wonders for mine :)