'Sex Worker' not 'Prostitute', PC gone mad

The OP has an opinion and has the right to state it, you often rubbish posts and insult posters, perhaps it's you who should get a grip. :huh:

I agree. Well said.

I very much doubt that he killed her to avoid paying!

Perhaps he bumped them off when he found he'd hired prostitutes when all he wanted was sex workers who do topless modelling.

The OP has an opinion and has the right to state it, you often rubbish posts and insult posters, perhaps it's you who should get a grip. :huh:

I wasn't trying to take away his right to post his opinion, just posting my response to it. Perhaps you are the one who ought to get a grip :partyhat:

its probably an americanism and sounds a little better than calling them whores when discussing them

...The term "sex workers" is a weak attempt to apply a veneer of respectability to a grubby and unsavoury occupation which is closely aligned with drugs, disease and crime.

True, but the term "sex worker" seems to be an attempt to make prostitution sound like it's properly regimented, unionised and controlled. In truth, it's a very long way from that.

You may want to look at this mojoworking.

'sex worker' makes them sound like they're counsellors for people with hang ups in the bedroom...

... and we won't go into the debate about legitimate, tax paying employment :rolleyes:

and whys that ?if they doing it in a controlled enviroment, having medical checks etc and earning decent money shouldnt some of that come back to the government as income tax ? this happens in countries the world over without any problems so why shouldnt it happen here

The Sun today was calling them hookers.

This reminds me of when George Michael was caught ''at it'' in America.

We were in Spain, and I was listening to the BBC World Service who announced in a very stilted voice '' . . . the popular British singer, Mr George Michael, has been arrested for an alleged offence in a Los Angeles toilet ''.

My wife wouldn't believe me until we passed a news stand with The Sun on it with the headline '' Zip me up before you go go''. :)

The two missing an the one prostitute whose body has been found are now refered to by TV reporters as "Sex Workers".

Is this PC reaching new dizzy heights?

We all know theyr'e prostitutes, the silly PC elements of the media just make asses of themselves by using inoffensive language.

Just like thieves and muggers are "wealth redistribution agents" I suppose?

The term "sex workers" is a weak attempt to apply a veneer of respectability to a grubby and unsavoury occupation which is closely aligned with drugs, disease and crime.

In the context of three women having been brutally murdered and in one case chopped up and put in a river, is it really so noteworthy or concerning that as a mark of respect for the family a newspaper should take the small step of using the less harsh 'sex worker' instead of prostitute to describe them?

It may be a transparently token gesture, but I would think any reasonable person would appreciate the intent and think it commendable. We are after all talking about women that have been victims of vicious and brutal attacks who are much loved by their families and in one case by her children and grandchildren.

We all know theyr'e prostitutes, the silly PC elements of the media just make asses of themselves by using inoffensive language.

I can't help but think there is a nasty element of mysogenistic cruelty towards the victims by the inability of some to empathise with the families of these victims.