Holywell Heights development

Does anyone know about the "Holywell Heights" development on Holywell Road? It is being marketed by Blundells.

Holywell Heights

I went to see the place today. It's still a construction site, and Phase 1 will be ready in January 2006. Looks fine from what I saw.

My main concern is transport links. My wife doesn't drive and relies on public transport mainly.

No replies yet, perhaps because it's not in a fashionable or popular area. The site used to be a cement factory which closed and then they built the nursing home on the main road. The area used to be known as Grimesthorpe and was quite dirty due to the industry in the area but I think the really dirty works have now gone. There is a lack of decent pubs and no local shops worth patronising although you can walk to Meadowhall from there. The bus runs on the main road in front of the development so your wife could easily get to the interchange at Meadowhall.

I live just down the road and would have to say that it is quite a popular area. Houses don't stay on the market too long around here and i find it welcoming and friendly.

The buses can be a bit hit and miss in terms of turning up on time but its less than 10 minutes to Meadowhall and between 15 - 20 into town. Also its a nice walk to Meadowhall or meadowhall train and tram stop. While theres no big shops there are some nice local shops and also you can get a bus straight through to Firth Park which has a good selection of shops all in one place. The 85/86 goes into town but doesn't actually go into the interchange but they do go all the way through town and up Eccy Road.

Btw the area is still known as Grimesthorpe :)

i have bought one of the houses on this development,the development is private and you have to sign up to be part of the management of the estate,there are service charges to pay for the up keep of comunal areas ect,

i have lived in wincobank 2 mins away from the devlopment for 7 years without any problems of crime ect

there are plenty of bars ect in the lower don valley around the arena ,my wife used to work in the city centre and caught public transport ,the buses run past the development into towm

simonk, which type of house have you bought? We are thinking of going for a "Penine". We were thinking of a "Hickleton" but it's probably out of our reach, considering all the extras that get added on to the basic price.

we have bought a suningwell house type which is a 3 storey

4 bedroom on phase 2

phase 2 is due for hand over in march 06

what do you mean by the extras ?

There are always extras on a new build e.g. carpets, shower fitting, accessories, etc. Certain things are included in the price, while other things they will charge extra for.

We have decided to go for a property nearer to where my wife works, so it will be easier for her to get in to work. Also, we are city folk at heart, and I thought the area around Holywell Road would be too quiet for our tastes! We live near the city centre (Heeley) and we'd miss the hustle & bustle.

Hi Dongle, 

Long shot considering the age of the posts but I was wondering if you could help, I'm currently purchasing a house on holywell heights but unfortunately the building regulation certificate for the property cannot be found with Sheffield City council, I've now given old information on to our sellers solicitor which was the address on the given lease (Different Post Code) shown so hopefully this will help the council on finding the certification. 

I don't suppose you have ever had any issue's with obtaining a copy, the council currently seem to think some of the properties haven't been signed off.

Thanks

Hi, sorry can’t help with that one, we sold ours in 2013 and didn’t have any issues with the sale, 

ours was number 42, possibly try the management company for help? 
there’s been plenty come up for sale over the years so I can’t see it been an issue.

i take it your aware of the increase in the leasehold costs every 25 years