ASDA buy Netto UK

Aren'tAsda trying to buy the land on the space left by the Fletchers fire?..

Threads Merged.

Or people who know good food when they see it and love knowing they are paying less then everyone else ;) Lidl have some AMAZING things!

Eww, I wouldn't equate Lidl with "good food".

I have tried it and its like Asda's Smart Price rubbish.

Eww, I wouldn't equate Lidl with "good food".

I have tried it and its like Asda's Smart Price rubbish.

You obviously haven't tried their beautiful continental chocolate, gorgeous Italian biscuit selection, German beers and lots and lots of other interesting and not widely available foreign grub. Some stuff is cacky, but there are some real gems to be found there, for ridiculous prices.

Ah, I'll agree with you there, especially when they sell Wychwood Ales for £1.19 a bottle when it's £1.70 upwards everywhere else.

It's just the meat and fish products that are cheap and nasty. I had a particularly repulsive Lasagne that looked like dog sick.

Yeah, the cat vomit lasagne is much nicer

Ah, I'll agree with you there, especially when they sell Wychwood Ales for £1.19 a bottle when it's £1.70 upwards everywhere else.

It's just the meat and fish products that are cheap and nasty. I had a particularly repulsive Lasagne that looked like dog sick.

Sounds....yummy :gag: I'm veggie so have never experienced that particular delight, thank God :D

The only thing better then proper beer is cheap proper beer! :D

Nationalisation is not communism. Go away and read up on it.:D

Nationalisation of food supply has only been done in communist countries, where it was a spectacular failure. It's usually one of the first things to be libralised when a communist country starts to open it's markets.

I support nationalisation of markets where there is a natural monopoly, but food isn't one of them.

A relatively free market, with some regulation to prevent monopolies from forming & to enforce safety standards works well for food.

However, this takeover is bad for competition, Netto are an important competitor to ASDA & the other big supermarkets. It could end up with asda, sainsburys, tesco, morrisons & the co-op controlling the market between them.

Edited by anywebsite

Thought this was a joke, but alas it is true...

Netto website confirms it. Well, no more catchy songs about cheap beans, loaves of bread etc :)

Seriously though, always liked to pop into Netto, they have some good stuff in. Asda just seems... faceless. :(

Hopefully their customers as well! Although it seems to be Lidl which seems to attract the "downtrodden" of society.

Have you ever been to Lidl on Halifax Road, its full of foreign muck (the produce I mean, not the customers). In fact the only thing in there that I do recognise is the tumbleweed.

But it is a monopoly; and based on all history, it's a worse monopoly than one in private hands.

Difficult that one.

As during WW2 industry was as good as Nationalised, but private owners were taking the profits.

The we won the War on that system.

After the war, the returning soldiers, under the leadership of Attlee, decided the Nationalisation should continue, but with the profits going to the working man.

EG Welfare State, NHS etc.

They have loathed and detested the Workers getting any of a share of the profits ever since.

By the skulduggery of the Press and Media, the people of this country have sent to power a government more inept than any before.

But they have a mandate to take all we have earned over 60 years off us.

Asda has been wanting to get a store in Hillsborough for ages, I believe I remember them applying for a store on the Wednesday training ground which was refused by the council. Surely the Netto at Hillsborough is too small though?

I would love a huge asda to open nearby as only the big ones do the lactofree cheese and yogurts :)

theres an asda opening in parson cross i think its the end of 2011 its due to be completed