Martial arts what to try now?

I've been out of the whole M.A. scene for a while due to a mix of illness (yay pneumonia!) and working over on the wrong side of the pennines but now those are receeding nearly as quickly as my hairline I'm looking for something new to try. I've done muay thai a looooong time ago and tried a couple of times to get back into but couldn't seem to get back into the swing so I'm no looking at any of the kickboxing flavours. I've tried a few other things and most recently xing-yi which I really enjoyed but the instructor has emigrated - damn him! I'm looking for something that will help with fitness is predominatly hands based (I can manage low kicks but I'm not flexible enough for high kicks and don't really enjoy kicking anyway), fun and available! Anyone got any fun ideas to inspire me?

Theres Boxing mate.. very cool.. really something you enjoy is what you will stick with..

Craig.

My passion is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - Though it does involve rolling around the floor with other sweaty men... mostly. As Craig (Lotar) says what you like you'll stick at and boxing is cool. Noel

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

have you tried goju ryu

Goju Ryu is great, my friend teaches below sheffield boxing centre ( Glyn's gym ) I can give you his number if you fancy it.. yep BJJ is cool aswell..

Another friend teaches Goju at Norton, both these guys train with us, so if interested in that let me know..

Craig.

You can try out my ju jitsu and grappling with a great mixture of BJJ, Sambo and Greco westling techniques.

from what you have posted i would say aikido would suit you i know there is a really good club across from the devenshire cat pub in town a friend of mine goes and he says it suits what he needs keep fit and self defense with out all the kicking and punching you do need to learn break falls while training but most of the time your on your feet

will get details from my friend and pm you them

There's a lot of different Martial Arts groups based in Sheffield- the link below gives you a description of each group.

http://www.sheffieldhelpyourself.org.uk/keyword_search.asp?keyword=MARTIAL+ARTS

If any group looks suitable simply tick the boxes then click 'View Full Details' to get up-to-date contact infomation and meeting details.

Hope this helps,

Suzie

Thank-you all for you ides (and PMs!) Boxing is a posibility as is the grappling class. I'm going to keep away from aikido as I've only ever tried it once and ended up with a stress fracture in my neck! As for karate - I know it's pure bias but I've always found it a bit linear, rigid and poe faced and just not for me. I've been wondering about kali, silat (assuming my terrible flexibility will allow) or maybe wrestling if I can find any of them!