Does anyone know who owns the building which was the old KFC in Broomhill

Me and a friend have also been pondering on this recently...

Although for ages now I've wished it was still a KFC (handy for hangovers being closer to home than Hillsborough!)!

I imagine though that if it was still a KFC or similar outlet (which as above apparently it cannot be) then it would be constantly busy anyway.

Presumably it wasn't busy enough for KFC to think they should keep it open though.

That doesn't make sense.

Why would a "crap" coffee shop ruin a good one?

The new crap ones mentioned before are still taking money that customers would have spent in the others so now none of the cafes make enough money to survive. Hope that makes sense now.

Guest makapaka
The new crap ones mentioned before are still taking money that customers would have spent in the others so now none of the cafes make enough money to survive. Hope that makes sense now.

Not really.

Normally you would expect the existing successful ones to have regular customers who will obviously stay regular if the other options are poor.

It also won't take long for word to get around If these new places are as bad as you say they are.

I wouldn't think any of the existing places have too much to worry about.

The new crap ones mentioned before are still taking money that customers would have spent in the others

Why can't the customers just make coffee at home? That's much better value for money.

Why can't the customers just make coffee at home? That's much better value for money.

Serious?

I buy coffee when out because I'm not at home to make it :roll:

If I am at home, then I make it at home. :huh:

Serious?

I buy coffee when out because I'm not at home to make it:

If I am at home, then I make it at home.

You do but many don't. Most workplaces have tea/coffee-making stuff, so it baffles me why there are so many cafes.

(And why the word 'cafe' isn't used. And why the counter staff have become 'baristas'!)

Many don't make coffee at home? Instead they drive into town to buy one and then take it home again? Are you sure?

Cafes in Broomhill presumably catering mostly to the student population, busiest at lunchtime perhaps?

My workplace doesn't have kitchen facilities, there is a kettle, but making a cafetiere means cleaning it in the bathroom, so I tend to take a flash instead. There is a costa concession in the office though which I use occasionally.

......, so I tend to take a flash instead.......

Nurse!!!!!

Many don't make coffee at home? Instead they drive into town to buy one and then take it home again? Are you sure?

Cafes in Broomhill presumably catering mostly to the student population, busiest at lunchtime perhaps?

My workplace doesn't have kitchen facilities, there is a kettle, but making a cafetiere means cleaning it in the bathroom, so I tend to take a flash instead. There is a costa concession in the office though which I use occasionally.

Theres more of that that goes on than you'd credit.

Guest makapaka

I find the whole coffee thing massively cringey. People talking about getting a hot drink like it's a major event.

It's quite a new phenomenon - never used be like this - I don't know if it's via an American trend which has reached us or what.

Edited by makapaka

I find the whole coffee thing massively cringey. People talking about getting a hot drink like it's a major event.

It's quite a new phenomenon - never used be like this - I don't know if it's via an American trend which has reached us or what.

Yes, it must be. I prefer tea.

But back on topic...

Guest makapaka
Yes, it must be. I prefer tea.

But back on topic...

What is the topic? The owner of the building was established early in the thread?