Woodthorpe school special assembly for parents and carers

What was this assembly for this morning? Heard the announcement on the radio this morning explaining that woodthorpe school would be open to pupils at 10am and a special assembly for parents and carers at 10.15am.

Does anyone have any info::confused:

my son goes to city school and they were all brought out of lessons this afternoon to be told the head teacher had died, no more information

what the head of Woodthorpe or City? Oh dear so sorry. RIP

Edited by lucylac
add on

Woodthorpe School head, Mr Thew, sadly passed away. R.I.P and condolences to his family. He will be very sadly missed - absolutely brill headteacher. Much loved by pupils, staff and the community.

my thoughts to his family and his pupils.

"Ditto" from Meersbrook Bank Community Primary where Chris was also Head xxx to his family xxx :(

I'm so shocked to read this. I can't believe it. He's so young! I used to be on the Board of Governors at his previous school, Meersbrook Bank and he was such a wonderful person, teacher and head, and so very highly regarded by the whole school and community in Meersbrook.

RIP and deepest sympathy and condolences to his family and friends.

Oh dear, so sad he was my teacher and head at Anns Grove school years ago. Such a lovely man and a great teacher he will be missed:(

Both my son and daughter went to woodthorpe school. Mr Thew was an excellent head teacher he will be sadly missed by everyone. :cry:

RIP mr thew both my children attend woodthorpe primary school and are absolutly devestated about the sad new they recieved today as was all 400plus children staff and parents who also attended.He was an outstanding headteacher and friend a great guy who will be sadly missed our sinceere condolences to all mr thews family at time Thinking of you all xxxxxxx:sad::sad:

Chris was a wonderful head and really nice person- he did so much for Meersbrook Bank and I can't believe this news. Condolences to his family and all his friends and the Woodthorpe community

i only spoke to Chris on Fri afternoon i couldn't believe this when i heard my heart goes out to his family but pls remember that Chris has helped so many children he was very passionate about his job so be very proud of him also the teaching profession has lost a very good member RIP x