Pure Gym City centre

Hi I start at Pure Gym on the 27th of this month, I was just wondering does the equipment use the TGS system? and do the machines have individual monitors / channels on them like Virgin do?

Hi I start at Pure Gym on the 27th of this month, I was just wondering does the equipment use the TGS system? and do the machines have individual monitors / channels on them like Virgin do?

What is this? :huh:

What is this? :huh:

A system where you put a keycard or fob in and it records everything you have ever done there. It also enables you to use the TV screens and change channels.

A system where you put a keycard or fob in and it records everything you have ever done there. It also enables you to use the TV screens and change channels.

That's amazing. Funnily enough, the past few times I've been, I've wished there was a system like this as I was having trouble remembering how much weight I've started out on on each machine, so I can slowly increase it week by week. I didn't know such a thing actually existed.

Which gyms do have this?

So guessing pure gym do not have this?

What about individual monitors on machines? or is it MP3 players / Ipods all round?

So guessing pure gym do not have this?

What about individual monitors on machines? or is it MP3 players / Ipods all round?

No. Equipment here.

No. Equipment here.

Thanks for that link, but it doesn't really tell me much about the equipment really.

However it would apear that there is no TGS at pure gym, which I guess I can cope with :(

Thanks for that link, but it doesn't really tell me much about the equipment really.

However it would apear that there is no TGS at pure gym, which I guess I can cope with :(

Would it be practical to carry a little notepad with you to track your progress instead? :hihi:

Would it be practical to carry a little notepad with you to track your progress instead? :hihi:

Yes that is what I will do, the thing is with a TGS is that when you go for your induction the trainer will help you devise a workout to help you get the desired results. This is then on the TGS key, which, when you put it into the machine sets up your parameters ie how long you want to be on the machine for and in the case of a treadmill how fast you should go, in the case of the bikes what resistance you want how many hills etc.

it also registers your heart rate so you can look back over your progress and see the very real results that you are getting fitter it is also used to indicate if you should up your training regime.

You see I'm not just being lazy TGS is a brilliant system and I am really surprised that Pure gym have not invested in it.

I guess it would be hard to understand if you have never used it.

I think the TGS system mentioned would be good fun/motivation during workout. Ive been to the pure gym a few times now and it has the most machines ive seen in any one gym.

So i guess if they did think about implementing TGS it would have to go across nationwide into all PG's. A budget breaker I think

SO how many people have signed up, and are not going? and now moan they have been ripped off..............I pay but don't go kind of whinge?

We have the Technogym Wellness System at http://www.ponds-forge.co.uk - you get your own key on joining; your workout programme goes on the system; you are then guided roud and activity recorded by the system... no programme cards or pens needed while you're training!

Helen

Ponds Forge