Bidding for a Council house MEGATHREAD

wow i didnt know they could do that!

im defo arguing my case as its not the first time i have had problems with them. the other year i had to tell them 3 times i had a child n then it took a month to put her on my file

im nt sure id want that house now the neighbours may have a problem with 'me' kicking them out or maybe that person 'i' kicked out would have a problem and come back causing trouble.

but there is only a handful that go to the years in the first place.

as for priority i travel through wybourn and see houses boarded up that were 'priority' a few week before! the council really need to sort this daft system out.

i have 5 years hun, so enough for the scummy areas of sheffield :'( haha

The Wybourn isn't council anymore, so it's not their fault.

i have been bidding weekly on properties with no luck for a year. a month and half ago i bidded on a 2 bed (i have a child) today i went on the website to find someone with a year and half less than me had accepted it. this property was based on years.

i cant ring them till monday and even then their isnt much they can do

what the hell is going on??

You've not told us which area though. If it's a housing association area then they will allocate properties slightly differently to the council. Also, if you haven't informed Sheffield Homes of any changes in your circumstances and your details are incorrect then that can stop you being made an offer.

It's also been nearly a week and you haven't come back on to tell us what Sheffield Homes said as you said you were going to ring them in another post.

Hi, just wondering if people on the forum think that the bidding system on council property is fair, and has anyone felt they have been treated unfairly

by it. :suspect:

How do you mean unfairly? Can you give me an instance when you have been treated unfairly?

Tha's only got a year, tha's got NO CHANCE.

Try first come first served every morning at 9am.

To stand a chance you need some priority or a good 10 years.

In ten years time you'll 20.

Why not buy a tent? (Sorry for such a pathetic suggestion, but the state of housing in Sheffield is shocking)

I've looked on the Sheffield Property shop site, and the only option local on there at the moment is a Bungalow with a shower and no bath, I hate showers so it's no good to me.

I've looked on the Sheffield Property shop site, and the only option local on there at the moment is a Bungalow with a shower and no bath, I hate showers so it's no good to me.

Have you been told you have to move sooner than expected? If not, don't start worrying yet. The list changes constantly, depending on what properties become vacant.

I have seen a property advertised on the Sheffield property shop web site. The 1 Bed Flat is in a perfect place for me, literally a few minutes from my Parents and close to the bus terminus. So it is potentially ideal, however it says bidding is exclusive to over 60s with mobility priority, would there be any way round this?

I have been told by the Housing that now is the time to start looking into properties for my eventual move on from my SHYA Flat, but having looked on the property shop site this morning, there's currently nothing at all in S6 apart from a place on the Langsett estate which is too small.

I keep having a look every few weeks, but there's never anything appropriate, the last good property I saw was a Bungalow somewhere in Hillsborough, a Bungalow is too small for me as I have a lot of belongings and would ideally like a place with a second bedroom to use for storage.

*Mod hat off, advice head on*

You are best checking the property shop site each week, rather than just every few weeks, as there are new properties coming onto the list every week, and if you are only looking occasionally, you may miss the property that's ideal for you.