Bidding for a Council house MEGATHREAD

she shouldnt have lost priority as the property was unsuitable. She should get onto appealing that decision ASAP.

I managed to get 2 unsuitable properties turned down and kept my priority...

I've had a chat with Housing, and she's said that there is no immediate rush for me to move out, but I would need to be able to move on in the next 2 years, at which time I will look on the Sheffield Property Shop site for Houses in S6 again.

i have been bidding weekly on properties with no luck for a year. a month and half ago i bidded on a 2 bed (i have a child) today i went on the website to find someone with a year and half less than me had accepted it. this property was based on years.

i cant ring them till monday and even then their isnt much they can do

what the hell is going on??

hi, if someone is priority then they are given it first unfortunately, ie, homeless, fleeing domestic violence, and asylum seekers/ foreigners etc, with all family members , (i have sat next to them in howden house!!!!) its a joke eh? i have been on list for 2.5 yrs, luckily i dont have children now as all grown up, but i feel sorry for you with a child, keep bugging them and dont lose hope, i registered with 'chevin housing' and got flat within 2 weeks, try them, and 'places for people' too, good luck,

i have been bidding weekly on properties with no luck for a year. a month and half ago i bidded on a 2 bed (i have a child) today i went on the website to find someone with a year and half less than me had accepted it. this property was based on years.

How do you know that they had a year and a half less from the website?

How do you know that they had a year and a half less from the website?

There is a page on the website which tells you the details of whoever was awarded a property for which you bid.

Nothing that would identify them, but it does tell you whether or not they had a priority, and how long their waiting time was.

There is a page on the website which tells you the details of whoever was awarded a property for which you bid.

Nothing that would identify them, but it does tell you whether or not they had a priority, and how long their waiting time was.

Yes thank you (I have just logged on to the property shop website and seen it) Did the OP have a priority (thats the only explanation I can think of for the error)

it tells you the date of their registration.

this property was given on years as it doesnt say priority applicant with their date. also i only bid on the years based ones.

so confusing!

im on places for people, northern counties and penine housing. never heard of chevin but i will look into them :)

it tells you the date of their registration.

this property was given on years as it doesnt say priority applicant with their date. also i only bid on the years based ones.

so confusing!

im on places for people, northern counties and penine housing. never heard of chevin but i will look into them :)

It doesn't matter how long you have waiting time. Someone with priority will always be considered before you for any property.

How much waiting time have you got, out of interest?

but there is only a handful that go to the years in the first place.

as for priority i travel through wybourn and see houses boarded up that were 'priority' a few week before! the council really need to sort this daft system out.

i have 5 years hun, so enough for the scummy areas of sheffield :'( haha

It doesn't matter how long you have waiting time. Someone with priority will always be considered before you for any property.

That's not how it works. A certain percentage of housing is not allocated for priorities, but solely on waiting time.

yep this happened to my sister,she had priority bidding,bidded, lost only to find the winner had a month less than her in waiting time.She challanged it and got it revoked so they took the keys back and gave them to her so kick off big time!!! good luck..