Have any of your pet's ever given you a heart stopping shock?

Baz once fell in the River Rother down a steep bank and was caught up in choppy waters heading for a grate that heads under the road at Beighton flyover, being a medium sized JR, he couldnt swim to the edge as the current was strong and I had two other dogs with me. My dilemma was do I go in after him (knowing my other two would stupidly follow) or stand at the edge trying to reach him with two leashed dogs in my other hand. I couldnt find a tree to tie them to. Luckily he did get to a shallow spot eventually and manged to scramble out.

I was in bits.:o

Basil again!! once went for a swim in a stream I was unaware as the stream was behind dense bushes I had no idea it was even there. I heard him sploshing and called him, he came back a NEON BLUE colour from some chemical that was obviously polluting the stream. I rushed home (3miles) to bath him, but was convinced he would drop dead there and then.

Edited by Gemima

I was in Graves Park recently with our two dogs, Charlie and Bella. Bella was walking dutifully on her lead as usual (in order that she doesn't eat any other dogs), and Charlie was doing the rounds, as he does, marking every tree and stone in the park. He was a little way behind me and I turned to call him to discover he had gone right up the bank about 16 feet high, (he normally manages these areas without any problems being a springy spaniel) but at that moment I noticed his back leg just trying to regain a foothold.... I couldn't do anything to help him. He came over the edge, turning legs waving. I was rooted to the spot, sure he was going to die......, he floated down in a cloud of leaves, his ears catching up with him gradually, like something out of Disney in slo mo! I stood with my mouth open for a few seconds, wondering how I would get him home!....He landed, looked a bit dazed, not surprizingly, and came over to me, I hugged him, and told him to be careful next time, he looked up at me as if to say, "a bit late, thanks" and trotted on his way :) He stayed a bit close to me for the next few days on our walks, but now he is back to normal. Heart stopping almost, very scary indeed!!

Emmy jumped off cliffs regularly.

Albie jumped off once - by mistake.

Albie actually retrieved a duck on a shoot once (was a Labrador) and shocked himself that much he spat it at mum's feet - in fairness I dont know who was more gobsmacked.

Daisy got hypothermia and came to within half an hour of dying.

Rupert has..........................................

Nearly died at 7 months old from aspirated pneumonia.

Collapsed and spent 2 days on a drip (we still dont know why)

Been stolen ...................................TWICE.

Think that's the "highlights"

yes!!! she has bloody eaten my corn cob and I am soooo stressed!!!!

ha ha, this one time, with my ex, we had gone to bed and were getting a bit frisky under the duvet, my cat somehow got into the room, jumped up and sank a claw into my ex's big toe. he nearly jumped out of his skin!

On holiday in Scotland we were on our way back down Ben Lomond, Potato had been impeccably behaved but was now tired and cranky. She all of a sudden ricocheted down and we realised she had started chasing a sheep. My OH ran down after her but I was just hysterical screaming and bracing myself for a gunshot - worst 60 seconds of my life. Gave her the telling off of a lifetime and a smacked nose.

OMG one of the rescue kittens almost gave me heart failure.

Pets@home took me to pick up a heavily pregnant cat advertised FTGH. She delivered the next day and had a habit of stealing stuff from the kitchen. When the kits were 4 weeks old she pincked a whole roast pork joint, I realised and went upstairs after it, but one of the kits had chewed a bit off and it'd got lodged in its throat. First instinct was to put my fingers in its mouth to try and retrieve it - big mistake got bitten several times.

In the end it took 2 of us to hold her down, prize her mouth open using a pen in between her back teeth (nearest thing I could grab) one of us pushed the back of her throat while the other pulled with some tweezers deperately trying to get this lump out. Poor kitten almost died, its eyes started to roll but luckily it came free. The little buggar is happily living in Newcastle now with its mummy, I don't think I have ever been so scared in my life

i didnt realise my chinny were preggers (years ago) and one day awoke to find a small blood covered mess crawling accross the cage floor. at the time my hamster cage was on top of the chinny cage i thought the hamster had fallen through and been mauled!