Anyone know of any friendly Badminton clubs

Guest jonb

Myself and my partner are not particularly good badminton players but we want to start playing games against other people and playing doubles. Can anyone reccommend any good clubs that dont mind people joining who are not particularly good. We've been along to a couple and been made to feel as if we shouldn't have bothered unless we were a decent standard. Alternatively are there any people out there who want to play doubles with a couple of 30 somethings just for a bit of fun and exercise?

Originally posted by jonb

Are there any people out there who want to play doubles with a couple of 30 somethings just for a bit of fun and exercise?

Give me a pm, i am up for a bit of fun with a couple of 30 somethings. It could be both fun and excercise, where do you suggest we could do it. Im sure i could rustle upa partner too.

Originally posted by jonb

Myself and my partner are not particularly good badminton players but we want to start playing games against other people and playing doubles. Can anyone reccommend any good clubs that dont mind people joining who are not particularly good. We've been along to a couple and been made to feel as if we shouldn't have bothered unless we were a decent standard. Alternatively are there any people out there who want to play doubles with a couple of 30 somethings just for a bit of fun and exercise?

i play fridays @ killamarsh - the more the merrier. 30's up to 60's.

i would like to play somewhere in the city centre...or thereabouts...pm me if anyone is interested....

i am not very good but heyho do get along about alrite....

Thanks for the PM Pranav - & hope you can make it to Hillsborough or Concorde soon.

To anyone interested in badminton, I run a sports and social club which includes badminton on Wed evening and occasional games on Monday. The standard of play? we're not beginners, but we're not county standard either. I'd say we were decent social players. You'll be welcome to come along and give it a try.

We play one game of doubles and then change partners to keep the games varied throughout the evening. PM me or check out the website link in my signature.

Alex

http://www.SteelCityBadminton.co.uk

Edited by spinac
New info

decent standard here and up for it ;)

Wow - didn't know such old threads could be resurrected!

But seeing as it has, the invite for improvers and intermediate players to join us at Concord on Wednesday nights still stands (8pm £4 for 90 mins social in bar after)

Alex - http://www.SteelCityBadminton.co.uk

Wow - didn't know such old threads could be resurrected!

But seeing as it has, the invite for improvers and intermediate players to join us at Concord on Wednesday nights still stands (8pm £4 for 90 mins social in bar after)

Alex - http://www.SteelCityBadminton.co.uk

do you still play on wednesday, can i come n play? tnx

New players and league team players still needed every Monday.

£3 for 2 hours+.

do you still play on wednesday, can i come n play? tnx

Yes we've been playing every week (well almost) since 2004. The emphasis is on improvers and intermediates though. Unfortunately we've never attracted enough novices to allow others to learn from scratch.

If you can keep a rally going and won't be embarassed by "air" shots, you'll not be out of your depth and will be very welcome.

If you'd like to call for a chat, the number is on the website - http://www.SteelCityBadminton.co.uk

Yes we've been playing every week (well almost) since 2004. The emphasis is on improvers and intermediates though. Unfortunately we've never attracted enough novices to allow others to learn from scratch.

If you can keep a rally going and won't be embarassed by "air" shots, you'll not be out of your depth and will be very welcome.

If you'd like to call for a chat, the number is on the website - http://www.SteelCityBadminton.co.uk

how can i recognize the group when in the venue?

Concord reception is not very big - nothing like Pond's Forge. We're usually the only ones holding badminton raquets. Just introduce yourself to any likely suspect and ask for Alex!