Sainsburys buying Fletchers land to build new store - Wadsley Bridge

Opens Today ..And City Cars have got the Contract

SAINSBURYS is open now 7am to 11pm except Sunday

It is a large store, bigger than Morrisons. It sells clothes, homewares and electrical goods including TVs, also a cafe. lots of offers on.....and they price match with ASDA.

I've had a letter today saying my new local Sainsbury's is now open but when I went passed the other day it looked pretty much still under construction!

Has anyone been passed today?

Went in yesterday and spent too much it is definitely open :-)

I went in too yesterday.

I'm glad it's there. The choices around here are poor. The big Asda is awful, and not keen on their stuff anyway. This has lots of choice.

The only downside is I thought it would be 24 hour.

I went in too yesterday.

I'm glad it's there. The choices around here are poor. The big Asda is awful, and not keen on their stuff anyway. This has lots of choice.

The only downside is I thought it would be 24 hour.

I haven't seen a 24-hour branch of Sainsburys outside of the M25.

I haven't seen a 24-hour branch of Sainsburys outside of the M25.

No. Shame they didn't try with this one, I finish work early morning, and the choices aren't there. At the moment I use the Sainsburys on Crookes, but this bigger shop is obviously likely to have more offers on. I doubt they'll keep up yesterdays for long though. Just about everything seemed to be 3 for 2 or thereabouts.

Probably a bit too big to police for 24 hours, and not enough people around to make it worth while.

Went tonight and thought a ten minute queue to get out of the car park isn't going to strike the right note with their new customers!

Went tonight and thought a ten minute queue to get out of the car park isn't going to strike the right note with their new customers!

We mustve timed it right then, we left just after 6 and drove straight out.

After months of road disruptions to get this Sainsbury`s open I personally don't think its worth it.

Like people have already said we have Morrisons/Aldi/Lidl/Asda and now a Netto in a very short distance so why do we need this Sainsbury`s and all the traffic problems it has created.

Yes people like choice but how many different brands of beans do you want?.

Personally I will not be shopping there which is my choice but looking at the empty car park on a daily basis it looks as though not many other people are either!.

I received a mailer through the door advertising their new Wadsley Bridge Store but no offers no money off nothing to try and sooth my daily commute traffic problems that Sainsbury`s have created so I will shop elsewhere thankyou.

To be honest this store should have never been granted planning permission given all the traffic problems it has created!.

After months of road disruptions to get this Sainsbury`s open I personally don't think its worth it.

Like people have already said we have Morrisons/Aldi/Lidl/Asda and now a Netto in a very short distance so why do we need this Sainsbury`s and all the traffic problems it has created.

Yes people like choice but how many different brands of beans do you want?.

Personally I will not be shopping there which is my choice but looking at the empty car park on a daily basis it looks as though not many other people are either!.

I received a mailer through the door advertising their new Wadsley Bridge Store but no offers no money off nothing to try and sooth my daily commute traffic problems that Sainsbury`s have created so I will shop elsewhere thankyou.

To be honest this store should have never been granted planning permission given all the traffic problems it has created!.

I dont think Sainsburys are the cause of the traffic problems at all. Store or no store Leppings lane alterations were always on the cards as part of the new corridor route.

I for one am very glad we have a sainsburys this side of town. Its been missed for too long after they closed at meadowhall. Personally I have always found them better quality and choice than Morrisons and Asda.

Again you seem to focus the traffic problems as a fault of sainburys. I dont see the issue. Three times I have been to the store since it opened, including rush hour on a saturday matchday afternoon and with exception of a couple of minutes queue nothing extraordinary. The entrance and exits dont seem to have much impact on the rest.

As for footfall, I personally have not researched the car parks as thoroughly as you clearly but im pretty sure Sainsburys dont build multi-million pound new stores for nothing.

The underground car park has always been pretty full when I have been in with the outdoor one being empty as you say. I think Sainsbury's is a great addition to this side of the city, I won't be doing my weekly shop there but they are great for things that you can't get in other supermarkets in the area so will visit every so often.

There are plenty of offers available in store if you go and have a look. The quality and range of the fresh food is much higher than some of the other larger local supermarkets. The are still doing work on setting up the light sequences so we don't yet know how or if they will improve the traffic flow.