Waggon and Horses Millhouses

I hope its ok :confused: because we're taking an elderly relative to the W&H on sunday for dinner, she had her wedding reception there sometime back in the 1940s!! :) and I had a blind date there around the late 80 early 90s. Had a lovely steak with a half bottle of White Tower :hihi: Fingers crossed things have improved...

Had a meal there went with my partner about 3 months ago and when the food came out mine mine looked ok but my partners was wrong, So we told the staff this is not what we ordered so they said ok five mins and everything will be sorted, Anyway i had finnished my food and then my partners finally come out and by then her appetite had gone it was a joke so i refused to pay for two meals.

Was more annoyed because we got this place recomended to us, They got an ear full of me :hihi:

Oh dear doesn't sound very good for Waggon & Horses! What about the Robin Hood then?

Thats our alternative if we're not happy with the W&H. We've decided to meet up, have a drink in the Waggon and see how the land lies, but if the reports in here are anything to go by, its not looking good and we'll be walking across the road to the Robin Hood....

Thats our alternative if we're not happy with the W&H. We've decided to meet up, have a drink in the Waggon and see how the land lies, but if the reports in here are anything to go by, its not looking good and we'll be walking across the road to the Robin Hood....

Wonder what the Robin Hoodis like though. I am meeting some friends at Millhouses next week and was wondering about somewhere to have lunch. Waggon & Horses is definitely out

Someone posted the other week that the old Highcliffe, now the Greystones has improved by leaps and bounds, but then again it was totally crap. The Millhouses Hotel is boardered up, as is the Bradway Hotel, my money is on the Fleur-de-Lis to join them shortly.

The Waggon and Horses is in a very good spot, close to public transport links, next to the park, handy for those post funeral/cremation drinks, it can no doubt survive because of where it is rather than for what it is.

Oh dear doesn't sound very good for Waggon & Horses! What about the Robin Hood then?

The Robin Hood is an Ember Inn, that says it all! Avoid it like the plague!

The Robin Hood is not across the road from the Wagon and Horses

You're absolutely right myriad its not :roll: but I know there's a Robin and Hood somewhere....I never was very good at finding my way round....Not to worry. We had a good meal at the W&H :thumbsup: Everyone was happy with what they ordered and we're going again next sunday before my aunt goes home to Weymouth, looking forward to it...

i can agree with the general feedback here, Lovely pub, clean, sociable staff, when good beers on, but the food is quite nasty.

Had the worst experiance ever there a few years ago ,1 hour wait for food order came wrong, every thing that could go wrong did. Would not go back there if you paid me, for food or a drink