Garden fires official rules

Capstan- try contacting the Council's Environmental Response Manager and inquire to the local Fire Brigade for advice. I believe the burning of tyres is an offence as many toxic (cancer causing) pollutants and fall-out are emitted.

My neighbour bugs me by burning loads of paper on a Saturday afternoon, when my washing's out!

Really not nice!

Hi, we are wanting a bonfire tonight ( on our back garden) to get rid of a load of old wood ect.. but didn't know if there were any certain times of the day/evening that it is illegal, such as before 6 someone has recently told me? just wanted to verify this, been googling it all morning to try and find out but can't seem to...

It will be in a massave burning tin so not dangerous and won't spread to other things.

Thanx.

not before 7pm and do not light a fire close to a road

....................I am just very thankful you are NOT my neighbour!! I think any garden fire large or small is a very anti social thing too do. Take it to the tip (if you have transport) put bit by bit in the bin, Simples!!!

So are barbaques but people still have em,

....................I am just very thankful you are NOT my neighbour!! I think any garden fire large or small is a very anti social thing too do. Take it to the tip (if you have transport) put bit by bit in the bin, Simples!!!

you would hate me then -i have a steel bin and i burn paper,plastics -anything in my rubbish that burns goes in to make sure my wheelie bin dont get too full

................if you have your windows open on a hot day/night, the smell of wood etc cling to your furnishings far more than BBQ's. I still stand by what I said , they are anti social.

Taking garden rubbish to the tip is not always practical. It's about give and take. If it's a regular thing then it becomes a nuisance but we all have to put up with things we wouldn't choose for ourselves, it's the price of living in society and not isolation.

One of my mum's neighbours used to light one evryday, come rain or shine, but as soon as wanyone else lit one, she was the first to complain. Been deceased a while now, so hasn't happened in years.

Clearly you are not a man. Having a bonfire is one of the most social things you can do, particularly if you combine it with some beers.

It's funny how the OP was answered correctly on the first page, but people are still posting random (and wrong) answers on the 2nd.

what upper tripe.

[QUOTE=Cyclone;5066558]It's funny how the OP was answered correctly on the first page, but people are still posting random (and wrong) answers on the 2nd.

It's true that the poster was seeking a specific answer and received it early on, but I trust that he/she wouldn't object to the subject being expanded a little so everyone interested can give their opinions and criticisms.

[QUOTE=Cyclone;5066558]It's funny how the OP was answered correctly on the first page, but people are still posting random (and wrong) answers on the 2nd.

It's true that the poster was seeking a specific answer and received it early on, but I trust that he/she wouldn't object to the subject being expanded a little so everyone interested can give their opinions and criticisms.

They were talking about the post that said it was 7pm, not about the extra bits. I had thought exactly the same thing!!