Who Remembers the old Products

I can assure you that Walkers crisps were definitely on sale in Sheffield when I was at Ecclesfield Grammar School because they used to sell them in the tuck shop. I left school in 1966. My husband also remembers them and he is the same age as me:cool:

There is a shop at Peak Village (through Chatsworth) that sells all kinds of 'old fashioned' sweets!! Wonderful going down memory lane remembering all the sweets we had as kids!!!!

No need to go out to Peak Village.

There is an excellent shop at the bottom of Duke Street that sells all rhe old fashioned sweets.

You are quite right there is a sweet shop there selling old fashioned sweets. Its Granellis - the ice cream makers on city road. My husband used to go to Granellis sweet shop to buy half pound of broken chocolate before going to the Park picture palace Saturday matinee.:D hi ho silver away give any clues as to what he used to watch along with Flash Gordon, Zorro and Batman

Are you sure that Walkers crisps were on sale in the 60's. I might be wrong and sorry if I am.

Walkers began to make crisps in 1948 according to the company history, but at first they were distributed only in the area around their Leicester base, and they only became a market leader from about the 1980s onwards.

I remember walkers crisps being 2p a packet in the mid 1970s, when the walkers snaps came out. I remember Snaps being 1p a packet

No need to go out to Peak Village.

There is an excellent shop at the bottom of Duke Street that sells all rhe old fashioned sweets.

You are quite right there is a sweet shop there selling old fashioned sweets. Its Granellis - the ice cream makers on city road. My husband used to go to Granellis sweet shop to buy half pound of broken chocolate before going to the Park picture palace Saturday matinee.:D hi ho silver away give any clues as to what he used to watch along with Flash Gordon, Zorro and Batman

Granellis sweet shop is just round the corner from Duke Street, at the bottom of Broad Street.

Does anyone remember the yogurt that had the hard crust on top. . .no fruit whatsoever:nono:

I think they were called "choc top" but I know they definately did chocolate and banana flavour's.

I dont know when they stopped making them but can remember them from when I was very young:D

Hmmm.... That doesn't sound quite right.... But
..:)

Isn't it wonder where your smile went :)

I bought some Golden nuggets the other day didn't know they still made em!!!

I bought some Golden nuggets the other day didn't know they still made em!!!

Who remembers Old Ma Roper's Scrubbing Gravel?

It was like the exfoliant of the 1950s, but made out of ground up bricks from WWII bomb sites.

what about spanish gold sweet tobacco:gag:

Are you sure that Walkers crisps were on sale in the 60's. I might be wrong and sorry if I am.

In the fifties and early sixties I can only remember eating Smith's crisps, and maybe XL crisps, if they were around then, I'm not quite sure, It was a long time ago.

Monday's in the fifties was wesh day and I was usually sent to the corner shop for a bag of reckitt's blue, a very handy product, not only used for whitening, but dabbed on stings and insect bites. I don't know if it's still around.