Whats best htc desire or iphone

The iPhone and iTunes are inextricably and inexplicably linked though. You can't have one without the other, and anyway, you can't have an iphone with a decent camera.

Not strictly true, you can quite easily have one without the other but I take your point. I guess I'm saying that I think the iPhone is great despite iTunes.

And you can't have any phone with a decent camera. For that, you need a camera, not a phone. Throwing any amount of mega pixels at a phone camera does not make it good, you can even have a 7mega pixel camera with the iPhone (via an app) but no phone camera will be as good as a dedicated camera.

Comparing phone camera to phone camera i'd say my 3GS pictures are marginally better than my N96 and cybershot pictures were, plus i like the extra features available like auto focus on a specific area, photoshop, colourSplash etc to edit pics on the fly.

Sales figures, how does that prove the device is superior? Popular doesn't equate superior. The Desire has a faster processor and more memory for a start.

Just look up the tech specs and you'll see :)

Things that sell the most are generally better.

Plus superior hardware specs on a device such as more memory or a higher quality camera doesn't necessarily make it 'better', most of the time it's the software, the ease of use, functionabilty and compatibility.

And seeing as you can more or less balance these two phones out quite equally when you compare the two phones hardware and software abilities, the ultimate judgement comes down to popularity and, after taking everything into account on balance the people have decided the iPhone is much much better.

I have had a 3GS I phone for two days now.Iam very pleased with it.

Really should have waited, honestly if you're on contract you'll still be in the cooling off period, take it back, the new one comes out in a few days, the 3GS will very very very soon be the old model

If you really want to blow the iPhone out the water, wait for the HTC Evo.

Most apps written for the iphone are on Android anyway, and you'll probably find more going that way as the google store isn't so draconian, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper to put stuff on there.

The problem with Android though, is the fragmentation. The Hero runs 1.5 (Cupcake), some of the others are on 1.6 (Donut), newer ones are on 2.1 (Eclair) and the next one is Froyo (2.2) which is shaping up to be fantastic.

Edited by Greengeek

ladies ladies boys and girls after all ranting iphones are better htc's androids are better bla bla bla end of day its a phone it calls it sends txts what more do you need i would love to see how people would manage without there mobiles now days

lets just try and get your heads round it its a mobile phone lol

What makes me laugh is Apple's marketing, and how people believe it.

"With the iPhone, you can play on the net whilst you're on hold, and then even play a game"

"With the iPhone, you can film video, send it to people, and hold conference calls".

Any smart phone, and in fact most phones can do those things, but people just don't realise so think they're IPhone unique.

Clever marketing, for an average product.

My other favourite was a few friends with an "ebay app". For "ebay app" read, bookmark to the ebay mobile site. Exactly the same as the bookmark I put on my phone.

People have been suckered in by the genius that is Apple's marketing team.

Things that sell the most are generally better.

I believe that someone already compared the Ford Focus and the Ferrari F430.

Do you still think that things that sell the most are 'better', could it not be that they've been on the market longer, or are cheaper?

Plus superior hardware specs on a device such as more memory or a higher quality camera doesn't necessarily make it 'better', most of the time it's the software, the ease of use, functionabilty and compatibility.

I'd say that it's both.

No matter how good the UI and the experience, the camera on the iphone sucks.

And seeing as you can more or less balance these two phones out quite equally when you compare the two phones hardware and software abilities, the ultimate judgement comes down to popularity and, after taking everything into account on balance the people have decided the iPhone is much much better.

You're drawing that conclusion from sales figures, comparing a phone that's been on the market 18 months and one that came out a few weeks ago.

Give it a year, and then check out the iphone sales figures, although that said, someone already pointed out that if you compare sales of groups of devices, iphone comes 3rd.

Not strictly true, you can quite easily have one without the other but I take your point. I guess I'm saying that I think the iPhone is great despite iTunes.

And you can't have any phone with a decent camera. For that, you need a camera, not a phone. Throwing any amount of mega pixels at a phone camera does not make it good, you can even have a 7mega pixel camera with the iPhone (via an app) but no phone camera will be as good as a dedicated camera.

Many phones have decent cameras. I didn't say as good as a dedicated camera.

There's a far cry between the really pretty good shots I get on my SE k850i, recognised as having a very good camera for a phone, and the junk that the iphone turns out.

Just like your iRiver then?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Many phones have decent cameras. I didn't say as good as a dedicated camera.

There's a far cry between the really pretty good shots I get on my SE k850i, recognised as having a very good camera for a phone, and the junk that the iphone turns out.

Yup - mines 12mp compared to 3mp on the iphone and the photos are vastly better. To demonstrate, take the memory card out of the phone and take it to boots or one of these photo printing places (oh sorry Iphone users you cant do that without a memory card) - anything above 6x4, you'll really see the difference.

Yup - mines 12mp compared to 3mp on the iphone and the photos are vastly better. To demonstrate, take the memory card out of the phone and take it to boots or one of these photo printing places (oh sorry Iphone users you cant do that without a memory card) - anything above 6x4, you'll really see the difference.

The amount of mega pixels really doesnt have anything to do with picture quality, so quoting the amount of MP your camera phone has really doesn't impress anyone.

Sharpness has very little to do with image quality, and resolution has little to do with sharpness. Resolution (pixel count) has nothing to do with picture quality. Color and tone are far more important technically.

Resolution is how many pixels you have counted horizontally or vertically when used to describe a stored image. Digital cameras today have between 2,048 and 4,500 pixels horizontally. 3 MP cameras have 2,048 pixels horizontally and 14 MP cameras have 4,500 pixels. They have fewer pixels vertically since the images aren't as tall as they are wide.That's not much of a difference, is it?

Pixel Count, expressed as Megapixels, is simply multiplying the number of horizontal pixels by the number of vertical pixels. It's exactly like calculating area. A 3 MP camera has 2,048 (horizontal) x 1,536 (vertical) pixels, or 3,145,728 pixels. We call this simply 3 MP.

Small differences in pixel count, between say 5 MP and 8MP, are unimportant because pixel counts are a square function. It's exactly like calculating area or square footage. It only takes a 40% increase in linear dimensions to double the pixel count! Doubling pixel count only increases the real, linear resolution by 40%, which is pretty much invisible.

The megapixel myth was started by camera makers and swallowed hook, line and sinker by camera measurebators. Camera makers use the number of megapixels a camera has to hoodwink you into thinking it has something to do with camera quality. They use it because even a tiny linear resolution increase results in a huge total pixel increase, since the total pixel count varies as the total area of the image, which varies as the square of the linear resolution. In other words, an almost invisible 40% increase in the number of pixels in any one direction results in a doubling of the total number of pixels in the image. Therefore camera makers can always brag about how much better this week's camera is, with even negligible improvements.

This gimmick is used by salespeople and manufacturers to you feel as if your current camera is inadequate and needs to be replaced even if the new cameras each year are only slightly better.

One needs at least a doubling of linear resolution or film size to make an obvious improvement. This is the same as quadrupling the megapixels. A simple doubling of megapixels, even if all else remained the same, is very subtle. The factors that matter, like color and sharpening algorithms, are far more significant.

The megapixel myth is also prevalent because men always want a single number by which something's goodness can be judged.

Unfortunately, it's all a myth because the number of megapixels (MP) a camera has has very little to do with how the image looks. Even worse, plenty of lower MP cameras can make better images than poorer cameras with more MP.

Now - I'm not saying because of the above that the iphone camera is amazing, but it's not as bad as some would make out. There is a huge difference for examples between the 2G and 3GS camera, and I think alot of people are still basing their assumptions on the quality of the 2G. I have had some really very good images from my phone, but am sure there are technically better camera phones out there. I certainly dont think the camera on the iphone is so poor to rule it out though as the differences are negligiable.

If you believe that resolution has nothing to do with photo quality then you might be interested in purchasing my patent pending 1 pixel camera.

The colour accuracy is amazing and the tone is second to none.

Blow the image up as large as you like, use it as wallpaper in your house, the image quality is guaranteed not to deteriorate.

Or, maybe the pixel count is important when you want to view the photo on anything other than your 2" iphone screen, which I generally do.

I've got a good example at home right now, photos taken on my reasonable 8mp (and reasonable tone and colour accuracy) samsung, and 3mp photos from a mates phone. On the slide show on my 46" tele his photos look like absolute rubbish, pixellated, blurred and generally rubbish. Mine however look reasonable. Not as good as the ones from the other mate with the DSLR, but for holiday snaps, good enough.

Megapixels are not the be all and end all of camera quality, but up to about 8, maybe 10, the quality is noticeable improved.