Whats best htc desire or iphone

I tend to view my images on laptop screen or in print - so hadn't considered the 'big telly' scenario.

The big telly argument is nonsense - even a 1080p HD screen will only display at 1920 x 1080 pixels, or 2.1 megapixels.

The big telly argument is nonsense - even a 1080p HD screen will only display at 1920 x 1080 pixels, or 2.1 megapixels.

Good point!

That's correct, but the image will be 50" across, a higher resolution image will look better, particularly if you crop or zoom in.

That's correct, but the image will be 50" across, a higher resolution image will look better, particularly if you crop or zoom in.

But we're not talking about cropping or zooming in. We've already covered that. So explain your very scientific term 'it will look better' because it sounds like more tosh where you try and make the situation fit your flawed argument.

I have had the HTC desire for a month now and love it. Battery life is rubbish but I found an app that switches everything off when i wish and now I get loads more battery life :-)

HTC all the way, has anyone managed to get lastfm or grooveshark indeed youtube to work in the car! keeps switching off?!

But we're not talking about cropping or zooming in. We've already covered that. So explain your very scientific term 'it will look better' because it sounds like more tosh where you try and make the situation fit your flawed argument.

The only way we already covered it was to accept that cropping and zooming are things that you do with photos and thus a higher resolution makes a camera more useful and thus 'better'.

I don't even know why I'm bothering, everybody in the world, and their dogs know that the iphone has a rubbish camera, your arguments about megapixels aren't going to alter that.

The only way we already covered it was to accept that cropping and zooming are things that you do with photos and thus a higher resolution makes a camera more useful and thus 'better'.

I don't even know why I'm bothering, everybody in the world, and their dogs know that the iphone has a rubbish camera, your arguments about megapixels aren't going to alter that.

Yeh but your wrong because there is an app the makes the iphone the best camera in the world (apple even says so) :hihi:

so you've run out of arguments about megapixels and are now going for the 'everyone knows it's rubbish' argument? Classy.

My argument has never been about how the iphone has the best camera in the world - but that megapixels should not be used to judge camera quality. As they have nothing to do with it.

Sorry - practically nothing.

I will argue that it's not as bad as everyone says (whoever these people are other than you), but it does a decent job and i'm happy with it, it does the job. Its an improvement on the old iphone camera which was bad, it just hasn't jumped on the megapixel myth bandwagon everyone is so precious about - "oooh look at all the fools that fall for apple marketing" no "look at all the fools who fell for the megapixel myth, and heard someone once say the camera on the iphone is rubbish, so i'll believe that too as gospel and pretend i've done bench tests on every phone on the market, argue every point, even make some points up when my arguments aren't working just so I don't look so much of a tool just because I cant afford an iphone or decided to buy a different phone"

Iphone don't have the best camera on the market, but it's not terrible. It makes a very good, market leading, smartphone. The best piece of technology i've ever owned. I'm sure other smartphones are also very good, probably even have a better camera. The ones i've tried just weren't up to scratch for me when compared to the iphone. I'm not a mac user nor do I go in for the 'buy everything with an 'i' in front of it philosophy.

HTC all the way, has anyone managed to get lastfm or grooveshark indeed youtube to work in the car! keeps switching off?!

Really selling it there....

No, the arguments have all been presented. From the start I agree with the premise that megapixels are not the whole story, my only argument with you was that you claimed that they were irrelevant, I think we've established that that isn't true.

I don't believe that there was ever any question that the iphone has a poor camera, millions of reviews on the internet will confirm it.

Part of the problem with apple (as I see it) are the fanbois who'll argue that black was white if it was called iBlack. The iphone kick started a revolution in smart phones, it's a very important piece of phone history and long may it stay their.

lol wasnt trying to sell it?! was asking a question. :-D

lol wasnt trying to sell it?! was asking a question. :-D

I didn't think you were - was merely a comment on the humour i saw in proclaiming 'HTC all the way' swftly followed by 'it doesnt actually work, can anyone help me'