Keir group & housing stock maintenance

Anyone know much about this lot? they took over the contract to maintain the council housing stock in April - largely due to the poor quality of the work done by the previous contractors (uhh, allegedly). However from what I can tell, they don't seem to have got any better - I've seen several examples of places where the job has been done shoddilly, left uncompleted, and dangerous.

anyone else know much about them? they have a similar contract for camden apparently. anyone work for them at all? i'm doing some background stuff for an article i'm writing, any info would be gratefully appreciatedd

ta

8) Nah Den Ace.........

You are still getting the same workmen to do the job! It's just they wear Kier overalls and drive Kier vans now. I think Kier came in to do the same job that the council were doing, but with less bureaucracy and more profitably.

Regards,

Spacehopper.

The other day I smelled gas. I rang my housing office who told me they no longer dealt with these matters but would ring TRANSCO for me.......The man arrived and found I did indeed have a leak, he didnt fix it, told me to ring the council back and get one of their blokes out (Keir?)! I rung the new number, waited 20 minutes in the que, when the woman eventually answered I was curtly told that Transco should have fixed the leak and I would have to ring them back!!!!

With words to the effect of "I dont think so" I told her SHE could ring them back and sort out my leak! Half an hour later a council (Keir) man turned up and sorted it!!

Do the council know whats going on?? I dont think so!!

BTW....The engineer who came was sound and did a thorough job, although he did mention that he wasnt getting paid this week because he forgot to hand his timesheet in, and his supervisor (who could have done this) would not help!! A bit harsh I thought.

yeah, 1200 transferred under TUPE, so it should be just the same (but, as you say, cheaper), doesn't entirely seem to be so tho, not sure how many of the staff have been replaced already, and if any terms & conditions have been changed (they shouldn't have been, but it doesn't normally take private contractors long to do these things)

Well as I sit here and type to you lot, the Kier group are currently ripping out my kitchen....the gas fitter just left for his din dins........this project will take 5 weeks to complete the end result will be a nice new kitchen!!!

Out with the white MDF cupboards and in with the new wood effect stuff!!!!!:)

They've got a job advertised in the Star today for a Quality and Customer Service Manager. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by commie pig

are they doing a good job dya think sheffieldlive?

as good as they can.

All i have left in my kitchen until tomoro when the electricians come is a sink and a cupboard that its sat in :(

Hopefully tho my kitchen will look spot-on when its done, i just found out as well that they re-skirt the kitchens and put down some lovely floor tiles. So why spend hundreds of pounds revamping ur kitchen when the council do it for free:thumbsup: :D

A friend of mine is waiting for some fence putting up, 3 posts and about 20 foot of chain link fence, not much I hear you cry, but on the repairs report card it says the job should have been completed by....... wait for it.............June 19th 2003!!!.