Devonshire Arms - Ecclesall Road - for sale

The Weatherspoon business model is to sell very cheap beer to 100 people an hour in the middle of the day. I'm not sure how the two are comparable.

Is not Wetherspoons opening across the road ? :D

It's meant to be Yoda, but the last I heard it may still be a couple of months until the doors open...

from what i can gather from the current occupants , it was certain individuals living at the back of the pub that decided to intimidate regulars of the devonshire and basically scaring them off .

Ah, yes, of course. It's the black people's fault.

:loopy: No what I mean is that the pub used to sell WARDS bitter which was brewed on the other side of the road, and used to benefit from this association and was a top pint.

Had you meant to say that it would have been easy enough to have done so. :loopy:

from what i can gather from the current occupants , it was certain individuals living at the back of the pub that decided to intimidate regulars of the devonshire and basically scaring them off .

I once had some trouble with three Asians when leaving there one night not so long ago but they soon ran away when 2 of my mates followed me out.

So loads of newly built flats just across the road has reduced the takings of the pub, strange that. :huh:

Aren't the flats largely empty?

Ah, yes, of course. It's the black people's fault.

That's not what they said. The estate is known for having hardcore troublemakers, whose behaviour would make for unpleasant neighbours whatever their ethnic background.

It's interesting that you automatically equate intimidatory behaviour with black people though.

Edited by purdyamos

If you mean the Ward's Brewery flats then no, but if you meant the flats on the same side (with Joe's chippy) then maybe...

It's meant to be Yoda, but the last I heard it may still be a couple of months until the doors open...

I heard it could be about a month (I live in Wards Brewery).

Last time I was looking for a place in Wards Brewery I think there was 2 flats for sale in the entire complex.

I heard it could be about a month (I live in Wards Brewery).

I also live there and am a raging alcoholic, hence my interest.

I emailed them asked them what the crack is and they wrote back yesterday saying:

"Thank you for your web form dated 5th May.

At present we do not have an opening date for the Sheaf Island due to unforeseen circumstances.

Hopefully we will have more information in the next few of months"

............which tells us, as Paul Daniels might say, not a lot.

Edited by jasd75

I emailed them asked them what the crack is and they wrote back yesterday saying:

"Thank you for your web form dated 5th May.

At present we do not have an opening date for the Sheaf Island due to unforeseen circumstances.

Hopefully we will have more information in the next few of months"

That's bad news, wonder what the unforeseen circumstances are.