Petrol Pump Discrepancy

when you place the pump handle back into the holder there can some times be some excess that runs out past the total counter and can some times cause it to go up by as much as 5p, if this is happening regularly though, then the pump probably has a slight fault that they should fix...

I've never seen this happen once in 10 years, it it goes even 1p over after the pump shuts off then the pump is faulty.

Slightly off topic, I know, but has anyone else noticed the Shell garage at Netherthorpe? The pump now states min delivery 5 litres. This is the first time I've ever seen this and wondered if any other garages are the same. I wanted to ask the guy but thought better of it as there was a long queue, and I didn't want to be seen as the awkward one holding everyone else up.

Slightly off topic, I know, but has anyone else noticed the Shell garage at Netherthorpe? The pump now states min delivery 5 litres. This is the first time I've ever seen this and wondered if any other garages are the same. I wanted to ask the guy but thought better of it as there was a long queue, and I didn't want to be seen as the awkward one holding everyone else up.

so, if you have run out of petrol, and are trying to fill a petrol can to take back to your car, you're beggared? great! (not!)

so, if you have run out of petrol, and are trying to fill a petrol can to take back to your car, you're beggared? great! (not!)

Or if you're poor like me and usually only put a fiver in.

Edit. Waits for the screams of "get a job"

Edited by studentbob
Edit

Most garages these days expect you to put a least a gallon (4.545454 litres) in the tank.