Motability cars anyone?

Does anyone have one of these?...im thinking of getting one...but dont know too much about them...:)

Yes I have one. You have to be receiving the higher rate of mobility payment to qualify. We have a zafira your tax and insurance are included in thee deal and the service etc., all you literally have to do is put in the petrol.

You have them brand new and after 3 years get another and so on. On some cars you will have to pay an advanced payment depending on the car you choose(high end of the market models) if your car is in good order after the 3 years when you go for a replacement you will get this advance payment back.

Of course the higher rate of payment you receive for mobilty will be deducted from your payments and you have to forfeit this money. I was talking to someone the other day and they thought they could have both the payment and the car.

Hope this info helps

Pam

Assuming you do qualify, I don't believe there could possibly be a better way to buy a car. It's completely trouble-free motoring; you're insured fully comprehensive, you have breakdown cover, and you're always a priority customer if you have to call the insurers or the RAC. And, as Pam says, beyond giving up the DLA money it costs you nothing whatsoever except for petrol.

what ever you do dont go to evans halshaw penistone road got c4 grand picasso on motorbility good car but the staff are terrible very rude and ignorant people:nono:

Assuming you do qualify, I don't believe there could possibly be a better way to buy a car. It's completely trouble-free motoring; you're insured fully comprehensive, you have breakdown cover, and you're always a priority customer if you have to call the insurers or the RAC. And, as Pam says, beyond giving up the DLA money it costs you nothing whatsoever except for petrol.

But on the basis of the statement you have made, (free road tax/insurance/breakdown cover/servicing) you are not buying the car, you are leasing it, after 3 years it is exchanged for a new one, it never becomes your own vehicle.

On the other hand you used to be able to buy the car outright over a 5 year period with your DLA money, but you were responsable for the tax/insurance/servicing etc. I don't know if this option still applies though.

But on the basis of the statement you have made, (free road tax/insurance/breakdown cover/servicing) you are not buying the car, you are leasing it, after 3 years it is exchanged for a new one, it never becomes your own vehicle.

You can purchase it at the end of the three-year period, but it's invariably (in my opinion, anyway) better value to hand it back and take another one.

I don't know offhand how much you're likely to need to pay after 3 years to take over formal ownership. It's not very much, compared to buying a car at the normal price from a dealer.

You can purchase it at the end of the three-year period, but it's invariably (in my opinion, anyway) better value to hand it back and take another one.

I don't know offhand how much you're likely to need to pay after 3 years to take over formal ownership. It's not very much, compared to buying a car at the normal price from a dealer.

Don't make that assumption until you've seen some of the offers!

My Scenic was offered to me for exactly the same as 3 year old Scenics were up for at the main dealers. In fact, bearing in mind that automatics tend to depreciate faster than manuals, it was more expensive than the similar ones I could have walked up and bought off a forecourt.

There's no chance of interest free credit, negotiation on price and a servicing deal with them like I'd expect to get from a main dealer either.

Thanks everyone, we've been to a great dealer on Handsworth road, Robins and Day....(i think):rolleyes: if anyone's thinking of doing this, this is the place to go...we didn't feel pressured in the slightest, the young man that saw to us was very professional and polite, and all the staff were cheerful...:)

We're thinking of getting a Peugeot 308 a brand spanking new one...listening to him i dont know why we didnt think of this before....yes i know its "leasing" but we cant lose out...:)

hi , can i just say that i went to pentagon in the wicker , ive got a chevreolet lasseti , no deposit , had it about 9 months now and the only problem ive had is a punkture , people say there rubbish but its a 16oo petrol , skeggy and bk on a tenner and loads ov room in the back with the seats down aswell , had a double mattres in the bk , just food for thort ,

So let me get this right you get an allowence for having a disability as you cant work(which is aparentley easy to fake under the current system), you are able to then lease a car with it at a very low rate including everything bar fuel.

My question is if you are mobile enough to drive a vehicle what is to stop people getting desk jobs as its essentially the same thing? Would you still recieve this allowence if you worked full time or is it one of them benefits where they let you work half a day and still claim the allowence?

So let me get this right you get an allowence for having a disability as you cant work(which is aparentley easy to fake under the current system), you are able to then lease a car with it at a very low rate including everything bar fuel.

My question is if you are mobile enough to drive a vehicle what is to stop people getting desk jobs as its essentially the same thing? Would you still recieve this allowence if you worked full time or is it one of them benefits where they let you work half a day and still claim the allowence?

DLA is paid to people regardles of whther they are at work or not. People who are employed fulltime are entitled to claim as are those who are not employed.

Some people have the car but have it driven by a relative (husbadn/wife/son/daughter) as they are unable to drive the car themselves. This arrangement allows them to go about and do thiings for themselves that other people take for granted.

DLA is paid to people regardles of whther they are at work or not. People who are employed fulltime are entitled to claim as are those who are not employed.

Some people have the car but have it driven by a relative (husbadn/wife/son/daughter) as they are unable to drive the car themselves. This arrangement allows them to go about and do thiings for themselves that other people take for granted.

So there bonjon....now ya know....:hihi: