Wild Camping Legalities

Woods near Hope again last night, with the kids. No big mammals but the dawn chorus was pretty loud. I love the smell of woodsmoke.

It's not strictly wild camping, but it's private & secluded and not a camp site, so my 7 year old likes it a lot ("I don't like pooing in a hole").

Jack Daniels is a great teacher of bush survival, so is the karma sutra lol

Depends how heavy the bush.

---------- Post added 21-04-2013 at 20:19 ----------

Woods near Hope again last night, with the kids. No big mammals but the dawn chorus was pretty loud. I love the smell of woodsmoke.

It's not strictly wild camping, but it's private & secluded and not a camp site, so my 7 year old likes it a lot ("I don't like pooing in a hole").

Love the smell of burning wood in the morning :)

Cheers for the advice guys (or gals). Yes, I know what you mean about paid courses versus what is available on YouTube. There’s a shed load of good advice on yoochie but I guess one of the things that I was looking for hands on experience of was stuff like skinning and cooking a rabbit. Not that I would normally do that as, fortunately, there’s more than enough food in the fridge and freezer and even more in the shops – at the moment. But if a SHTF situation develops for whatever reason and food becomes scarce…. you know where I’m going from here. There’s one thing watching Ray Mears do it but it’s completely different when you have to do it for yourself to survive. :)

Sometimes you have to go a little bit further for a spot of wild camping. Instead of looking for this on your doorstep (Lakeland) why not try north west Scotland?