Sniffer dogs for nightclubs.

Would sniffer dogs be a good idea for nightclubs?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Would sniffer dogs be a good idea for nightclubs?

• Yes
    • No

Originally posted by slimsid2000

I am so glad you made this point so explicitaly as it goes right to the heart of the matter.

I would suggest that it is much easier to be rebelious against remote 'authority' figures (police, courts, teachers etc) than it is to go against your own peer group. How many people who start taking drugs really do exercise genuinely free thought rather than go along with the group so as not to be labeled boring, squre, Daily Mail reader or whatever insults you may care to think up.

Such things said to me on an internet forum are like water of a duck's back but to a teenager who desperately wants to fit in it is a different matter.

so if the government turned around tomorrow and banned whatever it is you like doing. You'd just happily go along with it, rather than rebelling against that remote authority?

Or would you be then claiming that you'd only done it in the first place because of peer pressure?

You don't seem to understand the point I was trying to make about legality and law being just something that we as a society invent.

If a large proportion of that society are ignoring a given law, then it's probably a sign that the law needs updating to reflect the desires of society as a whole.

no girlfriend for Sidney then.... :suspect:

Originally posted by slimsid2000

No thank you. I prefer to think for myself on these matters. I also don't want girls who are drug takers.

TBH I don't see the point of dogs pn the door or in the club, we always used to take the stuff before we got to the club, so it a) had time to kick-in, b) couldn't be found if you got searched.

Originally posted by Cyclone

so if the government turned around tomorrow and banned whatever it is you like doing. You'd just happily go along with it, rather than rebelling against that remote authority?

Or would you be then claiming that you'd only done it in the first place because of peer pressure?

You don't seem to understand the point I was trying to make about legality and law being just something that we as a society invent.

If a large proportion of that society are ignoring a given law, then it's probably a sign that the law needs updating to reflect the desires of society as a whole.

The point I was making is that your calim about people taking drugs because they think for themselves is in reality very far from the case. I think a lot of people from good homes who don't come from a drug taking background get into it because either some monosylabic pop star (take your pick) says they are 'cool' or more likely because their 'friends' persuade them to start to fit in. I doubt they know that much about the harm drugs can do or even really want to try them deep down.

If it came down to it i would rather trust the police etc who are there to look after us rather than some scumbag drug dealer who is only concerned with making money and couldn't give a toss about the effects his drugs have.

Given that you lack any experience in the area, why do you not give a little bit more weight to the opinions of others who have more relevant experience?

I didn't actually say that people take drugs because they think for themselves. I said that people think for themselves before agreeing or not with laws passed by the government.

What are these 'friends' in apostraphe's, are they different to friends? And how did they start, and why would they want to 'persuade' someone, and for that matter why would the said someone not refuse to be persuaded if they really didn't want too.

Lol - do you think that most police officers have never tried any drugs, or that they don't break the law? They are no different to everyone else, they just have a different job.

What are these 'friends' in apostraphe's, are they different to friends? And how did they start, and why would they want to 'persuade' someone, and for that matter why would the said someone not refuse to be persuaded if they really didn't want too.

I don't remember anyone pressuring me into trying anything, I was curious and wanted to see if I was missing anything (very similar to when I decided to try drinking Absinthe, which was not a pleasant experiment), drugs were ok every now and a gain but the novelty wore off and I haven't done anyhting for about 15 years now.

Slim, you do realise that you're not actually thinking for yourself, you're doing what youre told by the nanny state.

I was asking you to think for yourself.

What if a georgous lady goes to Amsterdam on holiday, has a few perfectly legal spliffs then returns home to Sheffield meets you and instantly falls in love with you?

"Sorry luv, I dont go with dirty drug takers"

I keep waiting for the hallucinations from absynthe, even bought some of the 'real' stuff from Poland.

It just gives me a headache and makes me forget stuff.

Originally posted by floyd77

Slim, you do realise that you're not actually thinking for yourself, you're doing what youre told by the nanny state.

I was asking you to think for yourself.

What if a georgous lady goes to Amsterdam on holiday, has a few perfectly legal spliffs then returns home to Sheffield meets you and instantly falls in love with you?

"Sorry luv, I dont go with dirty drug takers"

i doubt if that would happen as sid is very anti smoking

I keep waiting for the hallucinations from absynthe, even bought some of the 'real' stuff from Poland.

i bought some of that stuff from spain man it is strong it didnt really affect me except getting drunk quicker

btw whats the difference with the absinthe here and the real stuff from poland ?

It just made me violently (and I mean VIOLENTLY) ill and completely erased 2 weeks from my memory.

Oh well, It was worth a try.

Originally posted by panda79

i bought some of that stuff from spain man it is strong it didnt really affect me except getting drunk quicker

btw whats the difference with the absinthe here and the real stuff from poland ?

the law here limits the amount of the halucinogen that can be in it (to zero I think).

If you get the real stuff it has a chunk of wormwood in it, which is where the hallucinogens come from I think.

disappointingly google seems to think that it's all a load of rubbish.

fact sheet