The Magnificent Seven Competition

Can somebody please tell about the old star competition The Magnificent Seven :)

Anyone got any info pictures etc of the darts teams/members :D

Cheers

Edited by Motown

I was No7 in the Bottom Red Lion Grenoside team against Rock St A, my mate was No6, we both came straight off afters, we were 5-0 down and we both won. We never entered again, the new landlord wouldn't shell out for sarnies.

Can somebody please tell about the old star competition The Magnificent Seven :)

Anyone got any info pictures etc of the darts teams/members :D

Cheers

My Dad used to play in the Mag 7!!

I played in the mag seven darts comp for the royal hotel london road in the mid 70s .We actually won it one year (can,t remember which) and i recieved a trophy cup for the best finnish along with Brian langworth and a man from barnsley by the name of reynolds i believe .Still got the cup somewhere it,s called the Rothmans Cup (tobacco - ciggies) they were the sponsers of the event i really enjoyed the darts nights out in those days ,sadly don,t play now eyes not to good but got some great memories.

my dad won this a couple of times in the 70s

I played in the mag seven darts comp for the royal hotel london road in the mid 70s .We actually won it one year (can,t remember which) and i recieved a trophy cup for the best finnish along with Brian langworth and a man from barnsley by the name of reynolds i believe .Still got the cup somewhere it,s called the Rothmans Cup (tobacco - ciggies) they were the sponsers of the event i really enjoyed the darts nights out in those days ,sadly don,t play now eyes not to good but got some great memories.trying to remember some of the team names, Bert Elliott, the green family can,t remember the first names, Kenny Gudgeon, Martin Rogers(captain) ,myself, that,s all i can remember hope someone can shed some light on some more.

Was Tony Green in the side?

the name definitely rings a bell so does gordon green, ill keep racking my brain barneyboco for somemore names

the name definitely rings a bell so does gordon green, ill keep racking my brain barneyboco for somemore names

Hey up Mick Gordon Green was Tony's uncle his dad was Les, brothers Pete & Alan all played for Royal at some point, 1978 when we won it last year it was played on a double board.

Some more names Mick Cliff Rouse, Pete Sydney, Graham Bullimore, Kenny Gudgeon was a cousin of the Greens

The Norkolk at Handsworth won it 1 year John Lowe played for them in his early darts career