Can you fit a cat flap?

I'm looking for someone to fit a cat flap for me - well for my cat! I have a upvc door which has moulded panels at the bottom so I don't know if it can be done really. Otherwise maybe I could have one fitted in the wall if necessary (though I'd prefer the door if poss.).

Can anyone help and give me an idea of costs (including price of suitable cat flap).

cheers

cathy

It can be done - I did it on our back door! You just need a cat flap, a jigsaw and some sealant (I used bathroom sealent).

The moulded panels make it a bit of a pain (if they overlap where the catflap is going to go ...), but you can just cut round them. If you want, I can send you a photo of what I did.

I'm not volunteering to do it though - I hate DIY!

Alex

ps. a piece of advice - it is better to cut a slightly larger hole than too small a one. I cut slightly too small a hole and it was a massive pain to try and sand it out to size.

We have one, the botton half of the door is glass, but underneath that was enough room to fit a cat flap. It's a white plastic type, and the inside between the plastic is only polystrene so was easy to cut. We asked the firm that fitted the door to do it for us, just in case it all went wrong, their fitters are usually insured.

Think most PVC doors have re-enforced mesh stuff within the panel these day's for security, but as above if you have jigsaw and sealant should not be a problem.

Decent catflap from Jollies 30 quid but would deffo get someone who knows what they are doing cos a new PVC is expensive. xxx