Implant contraceptive (LADIES ONLY PLEASE)

I had the implant contraceptive fitted yesterday and the doctor told me to continue my pill for 7 days.

Has anyone else had to do this?

Yes I had to do this too.

I hope the implant works out for you, it didn't for me. I only kept it for 9 weeks.

I would never have it again because I know they say if you don't like it you can have it taken out, unlike the contraceptive injection, but the clinic was very reluctant to take it out so early!

Yes I had to do this too.

I hope the implant works out for you, it didn't for me. I only kept it for 9 weeks.

I would never have it again because I know they say if you don't like it you can have it taken out, unlike the contraceptive injection, but the clinic was very reluctant to take it out so early!

It's because of the cost that clinics tend to be unwilling to remove it so quickly, it cost a few hundred pounds for each one. When I got mine fitted I was told that if I experienced problems removal would very much be the last resort after remedies had been tried.

You need to continue with the pill to make sure you remain baby proof as the implant kicks in, I had to do the same. I've found the implant to be brilliant, not had any problems (touch wood) and will be getting it again in November, when I need to get it re done.

I also had to do this. I've had mine in for nearly three years and absolutely no problems at all so they do work well for some people. I'll be having a new one put in straight after this one comes out! Hope this helps! x

Kereds wife says

"When emilym says it didn't work for her, is she saying that she got pregnant or that she experienced problems? what kind of problems?"

Thanks

My GP said it took effect in 24hrs, had one for the last 4 years and it's brilliant

Thank you Ladies. This has helped as I was just going to leave it. I had taken my last pill last week so when it came to last night I realised I had run out of pills. I have just been and got some so that I can take them for 7 days. Hope this works out for me. Even though I was on the pill for 6-7 years I was still rubbish at remembering it.

Kereds wife says

"When emilym says it didn't work for her, is she saying that she got pregnant or that she experienced problems? what kind of problems?"

Thanks

After I stopped taking the pill, I had bleeding non-stop for 19 days, it only stopped because my doctor gave me some norethisterone to stop the bleeding so he could examine me. I think it also made me quite moody.

The doctor said I should probably not have had the implant because I already had problems with breakthrough bleeding and he wanted to find out why this was happening. I still don't know the answer to that after examinations and an ultrasound.