Sign in to follow this  

Tackling litter

Are you going to lead this crusade, John? Where do I sign up?

Originally posted by El Duderino

I've had an idea that might shame the local authority into doing something about the appalling litter that disgraces many areas of the city. I and others, could take photos whenever we're on our travels around Sheffield and post them onto a website for all to see. We could even have a monthly competition to find the most littered street in Sheffield (no rigging of shots mind :) ). These photos would of course be available for all to see, across the the world in fact, via the internet. Surely the council as a result, would no longer be able to ignore this problem and be forced into taking real steps to control it.

This could be one example of this forum exercising its might, after all even adverse publicity is publicity.

bloody smashing idea...should have thought about that when I was complaining about dog mess.......don't like the prospect of taking a picture of it and putting ont internet

Why fanny around with another web site? Why not just post the photos and location to your councillor and the council? You'll find all the councillors' web addresses at:

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/councillors/a-z-list-of-cllrs

You can email the Environmental Protection Service at:

mailto:[email protected]

It works, I got a car shifted and a large pothole filled in.

Originally posted by maxt

Why fanny around with another web site? Why not just post the photos and location to your councillor and the council? You'll find all the councillors' web addresses at:

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/councillors/a-z-list-of-cllrs

You can email the Environmental Protection Service at:

mailto:[email protected]

It works, I got a car shifted and a large pothole filled in.

good thinking batman