Coalition Deal details

I don't believe in God

I dont know whether you believe or not, you seem a bit of a fence sitter.

wtf? are you high Jobee?

I dont know whether you believe or not, you seem a bit of a fence sitter.

Obviously your prowess of observation and comprehension are none existant.

Threads merged.

Bloody Tories, always looking after their rich friends, eh Wednesday1/Titanic99.

The original Lib-Dem idea was to pay for it by putting the cost onto the highest paid. That's disappeared so who pay for it now?

Also they've cutting Child Tax Credit, putting VAT up to 20% and implimenting the 1% increase in NI for employees as well which will more than wipe out any gains they make.

And of course VAT hits the poorest families much more than it will their rich friends.

but then its a holiday home that they use for holidays too.

What the s*** do you think folk use second homes for? :huh:

And of course VAT hits the poorest families much more than it will their rich friends.

Poor families spend more on luxuries than rich ones? :huh:

Well the first thing they've actually done, which didn't require legislation, is to agree to cut their own salaries by five per cent. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article7124989.ece

They might propose that MP salaries are cut by the same amount, but such measures are invariably defeated in the Commons by MPs who want more money.

Heard the Cameron /Clegg deal described as the CON DEMS, appropriate I thought.:hihi::hihi:

Poor families spend more on luxuries than rich ones? :huh:

The impact of VAT increases on poverty and inequality. Compared to raising direct taxes like income tax, increases in indirect taxes like VAT have a much bigger impact on people with low incomes. As the Office for National Statistics has pointed out, direct taxes are progressive; they “contribute to a reduction in inequality”. Indirect taxes, on the other hand:

“Have the opposite effect to direct taxes taking a higher proportion of income from those with lower incomes, that is, they are regressive.”

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/downloads/theme_social/Taxes-Benefits-2007-2008/Taxes_benefits_0708.pdf

Even the ONS thinks poor families spend more on luxuries than rich ones? That truly is bizarre.

Even the ONS thinks poor families spend more on luxuries than rich ones? That truly is bizarre.

Me, by the way; logged in on the wife's laptop and forgot to change cookies. :blush:

Well the first thing they've actually done, which didn't require legislation, is to agree to cut their own salaries by five per cent. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article7124989.ece

I have the feeling that they are leading by example for the same austerity measures that may be needed for us all.