[UPDATE] Virgin 50mb, Very Slow (11/05/10 @ 10:30am), S8/S2

Anyone having issues with slow speeds on Virgin 50mb in the S8/S2 areas?

Mines going at a snails pace (talking 128k speeds at best)

Lets hope it's not oversubscription or you may be stuck with that for some time.

Last time mine dropped down to < 128kb/s (sometimes as bad as 3b/s), it stayed that way for 8 months.

Sorted now though thank god.

I don't take the mickey with my connection but I just started to download a large file and it's maxing out. S2 mate as you know.

Im getting 50mb in a few weeks when i move house. If i dont get atleast 20mbps download speeds im going to be making some nasty phone calls to VM :D

The house is in S9.. Anyone know anyone that has 50mb in that area? I need to know if its worth getting it up there

Yes, Virgin are VERY slow to sort out over-subscription problems. You can be left with an unusable connection for months.

They sell uncapped 50mb connections and then are surprised when they get maxed out 24/7 and slow the entire area to a crawl.

Happened to me and the only way I got it sorted was to complain to Virign Media head-office via the ISPA.

yes, s8, practically dead today, apart from this site strangely. Absolutely fine previously.

The 50mb is on a seperate network to the rest, and its nowhere near over subscribed in this area...

It seems that S8 (Heeley, Meersbrook & Norton Lees) have connectivity issues... I Phoned them up and they estimate 6-8pm for a fix...

I just phoned the support as it is still super slow, they said that there's work being carried out in the area since 7:30 am, and the estimate time of completion is now around 11pm..

I complained a little and they threw me a £10 credit straight away (I checked, and its already showing... nice! :)) and also put a 'complaint' on my account so an engineer will check my account and area once the work is complete to make sure its working as it should be... (well, so they say)

Meanwhile on the other side of town..

I'm caning the crap out of it :D

Minds running like it now.. Much be local work.. lol dammit :(

Mine came back on finally around 3pm, half hour after their support said looks like it is out till Friday! Their status page shows an issue for 'all of yorkshire'.