Dental Injections

I've never felt actual pain when having a dental injection. Sometimes I don't feel anything and sometimes it is like a scratch. They tend to be worse if they are right at the back, but never been that bad.

I've had a few fillings recently, the ones at the back, I didn't even feel the needle.

I had one filling in my front incisor and that needle stung. She put the needle up my gum towards my nose, it made my eyes water!

About the only sensible post on this thread so far; however not only does it depend on all those things, but also on the individual himself; give two people an identical injection in an identical spot, and it's quite possible for one to feel agony and the other to feel nothing.

I totally agree. We are all different, so we feel pain at different levels.

got a nice root canal to have on tuesday i hate normal injections i can stomach dental injections depending on the dentist they do hurt they the l;ast time i went to the dentist a old dentist now i had no injection for a root canal didnt hurt really but would have prefered to be numb

They dont hurt that much to be honest. It's the mental images that hurt the most.

My dentist soray the area with an anasthetic spray first, so it numbs it .. then he does the injection ..

I have had a root canal done with no needle and it didn't hurt a bit, and I am a chicken :lol:. But I have also had a baby and didn't think that hurt as much as I thought it would so maybe I'm getting braver in my old age :hihi:.

I had one in the front top row once when I was about 14. Right under the top lip, pointing up towards the nose. It still brings me out in a cold sweat now - my feet kicked on the chair and I let out a rising scream and it seemed to go on for ages while he pumped the stuff into me. Worst pain I've ever had, though I do have a really low pain threshold.

Never been back since. Rather die first.

Probably not what you want to hear really.

I'm a wimp and don't like the dentist one bit but don't find the needles too bad. A good tip is to open your mouth as wide as you can - my dentist told me that and definitely find I feel it less.

I'm such a baby about things like this and managed to avoid having injections until a couple of months ago, like others have suggested I closed my eyes before I could even see the needle. The first one stung a bit (but wasn't unbearable) and when I asked the dentist when he was going to do the second one he said he had already done it!

when u have a teeth out the pallatal injection hurt like crazy and i could feel the needle hit the bone i had to have quite a bit of work done in one appointment 14 injectiosn

Nowhere near as painful as Tooth-ache !