Dental Injections

Please, honest, serious answers only, what do they feel like?

Got a filling tomorrow and dont really know wot to expect :help:

I absolutely hate the dentist!

:confused::confused:

They hurt - a lot

They're into your gum so no padding whatsoever!

I don't envy you - I hate the dentists too

I hate going to the dentist with a passion but when I actually get in there I soon realise how much of it was in my mind. The injections might nip a bit at first but they are nothing much to get worked up about.

Depends on the dentist and where he`s gonna shove it. Some parts of the gum are sensitive and you`ll feel it then and other parts arent sensitive and you wont feel a thing.

My gums are like a pin cushion from all the gob doctoring Ive had over the years and the worst thing about it all is the tingling as the numbness wears off, most injections in the cakehole dont really hurt much and if he or she is a good gob doctor you wont even see the needle coming and if you tell them your worried they`ll put a cotton wool thing against your gum with a numbing solution on it for a few minutes before they give the needle.

My husband has just had a course of treatment at ther Charles Clifford, and he said they didnt have needles, just a ring of five gold coloured pins that they pressed against his gums.

It's more about uncomfortable than anything else...and that's due to anxiety rather than physical pain. One trick I've learned is when he/she comes at you with the needle is close your eyes. Healthy teeth n gums far outweigh a little discomfort, and far better than rolling around in agony at 3 in the morning wishing you had a shotgun to put yourself out of misery..

i absolutely hate the dentist it terrifies me everytime i have to go im 28 and my mum still has to go with me as i get there and run away im that bad :hihi:

the needle doesnt hurt as much as you think it will to be honest. if you give the inside or your wrist a quick nip or prick it gently with a pin id say thats what i find it feels like. its very quick though and some dentists do it so well i dont even know they have done it :D

As someone said earlier it depends where in the gum you have one. The thing about dental injections is, they don't feel like you expect them too??? After saying that, I have kept the same dentist for years now and to be honest I have never felt the needle once.

It is a myth. Find a private dentist, and I bet they won't have needles, I live in Portugal, and the dentist here has no needles, so there must be the same in the u.k. o.k. I pay 50 euros for a filling, but there is no needle, she simply sprays this "whatever" on the area and rubs it in, she fills, and drills, I even had my wisdom tooth out, and I didn't know it had gone. I have receeding gums and have to go two/two months to have a clean and polish to help them, she has worked wonders with my teeth. If it is available here then it must be in the U.K. (I imagine)

They hurt - a lot

They're into your gum so no padding whatsoever!

I don't envy you - I hate the dentists too

No they don't.

It's generally no more than a pin prick as it goes in and that's about it. However if it's your front, top row it'll make yours eyes water! But it's not painful.

Believe I've had lots of experience with them since I was a kid as I have crap enamel.

Ask for a surface aneththetic first. This will help to some extent. They are not that bad.

Hurts a bit, feels like a lot of pressure but then it is over really quick, and the aesthetic takes hold really quickly nowadays. Not really too much to worry about it'll be over before you know it and you'll be left wondering why you were so worried!