Advice over where to board my dogs

I looked round the one at Thorne recommended by Spottie it all seemed good with a big paddock. I didn't board my dog there as she is nervous of men and it is a chap running the show so not good for Tildy unfortunately.

It did all seem ok though just a bit of a drive out of Sheff.

Ive seen the website and it looks really nice. Was thinking of boarding my dog there but they dont mention the price on the website and Id heard it was expensive??

I got a quote and it was about £17 a night if i remember rightly but dependant on size etc. and whether they are sharing. I think for my 2 boarding together it would have been as much as having them at somewhere like Mutlins. I thought it was to expensive for a boarding kennels.

I have boarded my very fussy and nervous girl at Mosbrough kennels. It is £8.50 a day including food. They don't get walked very much but they go into an outdoor kennel during the day. I felt comfortable with this as she is very nervous and i worry about her being walked and slipping her collar and harness with people who don't know her. She is terrified of men and there are only ladies working there.

She has always come back to me clean and smelling normal. She has not dropped her weight and her temprament has always been fine. I can see she has been well treated as she has been fine with the kennels girls. Believe me if they had shouted at her or been horrid in any way there is no way she would greet them.

I think i may try this place everyone is recommending though as i would like her to get exercise and a secure paddock is probably the best bet for her.

Highly recommended, but don't be put off by them not being 'people' people!

Confused by this have always been lovely with me, i call everyday etc no matter where i am and they let me speak to them :hihi::loopy: etc and are never funny and always pleasent.

If you board 2 together you get discount think its 10%.

They have a client who travels over from Germany to board her dogs (she is in the army) and i know this is true as i have met her.

To me that speaks volumes

Diamond they are brill with bull breeds so no i dont think they would have any problems with her. If in doubt take her over and give them a visit, cannot remeber the times they are open think its 8am till 12.30 then 1.30pm till 6 but there website will be 100% right my memory is shocking

I got a quote and it was about £17 a night if i remember rightly but dependant on size etc. and whether they are sharing. I think for my 2 boarding together it would have been as much as having them at somewhere like Mutlins. I thought it was to expensive for a boarding kennels.

That does sound expensive and my boys a german shepherd so he's going to be at the top end of the price scale. It wont hurt to get a quote but I'm def thinking that Croft farm sounds good with its paddock.

We have also used Corrina at Croft Kennels, 07542236615, shes brilliant with the dogs and so caring. Understands that they aren't just dogs but our babies !! lol. She has lots of room to walk the dogs and big paddocks for them to play in. Kennels were immaculate and big. Shes having some new ones built soon so will be like the Hilton for dogs !!!

i was v impressed with croft kennels. liked that it is just one lady and no kennel hands think that wil be good for diamond consitency and less people to get anxious about. i also liked that there was only 10 kennels. the paddocks are nice and spacious too. she is going over night and then for a weekend and if all goes well hopefully a week next year. even though its lovely im still going to cry like a baby when i have to leave her though

Hi guys I'm looking at boarding my shi-poo in the summer and have heard some great reviews for Croft but I can't seem to find contact details for them. Anyone have their number?

EDIT to say. I didn't see the mobile number provided sorry. Just spoke to carina, she sounds lovely. Visiting tomorrow.

Edited by schizodoor

i have just boarded my dog there for first time and was v pleased but i suppose it depends what you are looking for each person will prefer different places/things. corrina is really nice and a real dog lover hope it goes ok

Croft Farm Kennels is a fantstic kennel, get booked in early as she can get full. Handy for the odd days, weekends and of course the full 2 week hols xx

I would check out before you take your dog to stay at any kennels , as a few of our customers have used kennels , then when collecting dogs have been very unhappy at how their dogs have been cared for.

the hollows boarding kennels are great my dog went there and i have seen the way the look after the kennels. they are cleaned daily they have have clean bedding and the prices are very reasonable i would happily send my dog there and i have told my freind about the kennels. as for the owner of the kennels she is considerate and tells it how it and takes care of the dogs aand if there is a problem with the dog she sends it to the vets and pays for it and works it out with them lter as she has done with me be for.