Financial help with interview clothes for the unemployed

You are either a banker or operate an airline then?

i wish and then i would get some help:((

i see your point but do the sums.....

jsa = £128

travel permit 1 month = £80

work in advance before pay = 4 weeks

£48 to live off for 4 weeks?

with attitudes like that its no wonder so many dont want to work.

i dont get your point? most people get paid weekly especially if just starting work, so why £48 to live off for four weeks?

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quotes

i dont get your point? most people get paid weekly especially if just starting work, so why £48 to live off for four weeks?

weekly? really? i have not had a job that has paid weekly for a good 15 years now. IF thats the case then fair enough but if not how can you expect someone to live of £48 for 4 weeks? thats what i am saying.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quotes

weekly? really? i have not had a job that has paid weekly for a good 15 years now. IF thats the case then fair enough but if not how can you expect someone to live of £48 for 4 weeks? thats what i am saying.

I have yet to come across an employer that makes you work 4 weeks without pay!

It all goes on when you start work, if i started today i would be paid at the end of this month.

Plus the job center do help you out, my brother got a crisis loan when he started work as he had 2 weeks to work without any money, the help is there if you ask.

But why should the tax payers have to supply a months bus/tram/train pass to anyone??

Ive even heard rumours, the JC refunds you bus fares to goto the job centre, if thats true then that is potty.

I cant stand the no jobs excuses thrown around by some people in Sheffield, ive worked since leaving school in 2000, ive been made redundant twice and never had longer than a week out of work (not claimed any benefit) by spending time looking for work, its simple, apply for all the jobs you can see,i hate my job i took it as i started the week after i got made redudant, but i wouldnt feel right having the rest of the country paying to support my daughter and partner whilst i sit at home watching tv and moaning about how bad ive got it.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quotes

I have yet to come across an employer that makes you work 4 weeks without pay!

It all goes on when you start work, if i started today i would be paid at the end of this month.

Plus the job center do help you out, my brother got a crisis loan when he started work as he had 2 weeks to work without any money, the help is there if you ask.

But why should the tax payers have to supply a months bus/tram/train pass to anyone??

Ive even heard rumours, the JC refunds you bus fares to goto the job centre, if thats true then that is potty.

I cant stand the no jobs excuses thrown around by some people in Sheffield, ive worked since leaving school in 2000, ive been made redundant twice and never had longer than a week out of work (not claimed any benefit) by spending time looking for work, its simple, apply for all the jobs you can see,i hate my job i took it as i started the week after i got made redudant, but i wouldnt feel right having the rest of the country paying to support my daughter and partner whilst i sit at home watching tv and moaning about how bad ive got it.

Well said, if everyone was like you the country would be a better place to be. I worked with a girl, who's husband got laid off,so she gave up work, as it mean't more money in benefits, they have since had 2 more kids, and I bet neither of them bother working again.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quotes

something clearly not right here as i had to tell them what i wanted, they then phoned the shop and got the prices, i was then issued a voucher for that shop and could get only what was suggested. if they are seriously letting you go and pick what you want then something is wrong here. i think you are maybe winding us up.

I've worked in shops where they have accepted the vouchers/forms for interview clothing. It is up to whoever processes it through the till to decide on the suitability of the clothing and in my experience they are pretty strict about it. I did see the odd person who would try to get something clearly unsuitable for an interview, but they wouldn't be allowed it.

WHAT!!!!!!!!! you really couldnt make this up could you! good luck to you its not you am mad about its the system! another crazy scheme dreamt up by the left for us taxpayers to pay for:(( ludicrous.

if you pass the job centre just have a look at some of the designer gear that some go to sign on in! trainers that cost over £100 etc etc

You can't have it both ways. If you want people to stand a chance of getting a job they have to have decent clothes for interviews.

You can't have it both ways. If you want people to stand a chance of getting a job they have to have decent clothes for interviews.

Go to Primark or somewhere similiar, you can look clean, tidy and smart, for 20 quid. If the interviewer feels that you are a genuine person, and take pride in yourself, ie. clean, smart and tidy, then you don't need designer gear to make an impression. If someone really wants to work, then they will shower, dress up as smart as they can, then give the best interview.

it aplies to all on dole dont ask for vouchers tell um youl get wot you need and bring um proof £80 free

Goodness knows why you can't find a job innit.

WHAT!!!!!!!!! you really couldnt make this up could you! good luck to you its not you am mad about its the system! another crazy scheme dreamt up by the left for us taxpayers to pay for:(( ludicrous.

if you pass the job centre just have a look at some of the designer gear that some go to sign on in! trainers that cost over £100 etc etc

Designer trainers costing over £100 don't go down well at interview.

Before you slag this scheme off find out what it is all about first.

My other half has loads of designer t shirts and jeans and has worked bloody hard for the 12 years I have been with him always worked overtime etc. He didn't plan or ask to be made redundant whilst on paternity leave but found himself out of a job.

This grant would have made a massive difference to us as he doesn't own a pair of trousers let alone a suit (not even a wedding or funeral suit) as he normally wears jeans or smart looking jeans.

As he has been able to explain to prospective employees that he is coming to the interview during his dinner hour etc (in his temp job) he has got away with it but had he not been successful in gaining full time permanent employment he would have had to waste £20/£30 on a suit from ASDA or Matalan etc that would be used once in a blue moon. When your running out of money to pay the mortgage this makes a massive difference.

You do not have to spend the full amount and you MUST buy something suitable for interview if you pick something the shop doesn't think is appropriate they will refuse.

it's not for free it costs us tax payers :mad:

You may find yourself out of work one day having paid your taxes and need a hand out yourself.

In theory this is a really good idea. However I know of one person who has actually had this benefit. He had just been sacked from a job in a decent clothes shop which carried a 50% staff discount for clothing (for being caught out drinking multiple times whilst on long-term sick).

Apart from the fact his previous job should have made it clear he didn't need this perk the fact that he went to his interviews at the JC+ in designer togs might have rung alarm bells, but no, apparently not. And according to him he got £200 the had a sick note raised the following week so he was no longer obliged to send interviews. But obv he spent the money before submitting the note.

I could be wrong but you don't get the money in your hand you go to the shop pick clothes and they then invoice the job Centre also someone who is on the large side couldn't buy something in a size 8 they must at least look like there for the person claiming.