Financial help with interview clothes for the unemployed

You might need a bigger net here I think, OP.

It looks full already.

if you are claiming dole you can get upto 100 for new clothes to help you get a job so nextime you get a interveiw ask for a clothes crant its free bought new pods today new trousers 4 new shirts al free

All the best with your interview m8, ignore the shallow views from some people on here :thumbsup:

You might need a bigger net here I think, OP.

It looks full already.

To be fair the OP doesn't say that he is not going to an interview, he may well be. I wasn't having a pop at him, just that the policy doesn't necessarily target those in need.

To be fair the OP doesn't say that he is not going to an interview, he may well be. I wasn't having a pop at him, just that the policy doesn't necessarily target those in need.

I wager that the OP hasn't recieved this benefit/grant, and he knows what some people think of those on benefits on this website, therefore he has started this speculative thread just to see how many people fall for the bait.

there is a set amount to help those out of work for a certain period of time, it covers travel to interviews, work clothes etc, a form of social fund. no designer gear! you say what you need, they call the supplier (normally burtons) and then authorise a set amount and they must give you what is requested. not designer gear by any means! why not help those that want to help themselves. the chavs wouldnt have a clue how to mug the system nor would the europeans. so generally i would say its good to help those that need it.

if you are claiming dole you can get upto 100 for new clothes to help you get a job so nextime you get a interveiw ask for a clothes crant its free bought new pods today new trousers 4 new shirts al free

what you do is go to dole tell them that you have a inter view lets say marks and spencer and you need some clothes eg shoes shirt trouses,they will ask you to go get wot you need and fetch them proof or they will give you a voucher for certain shops .they told me i could have £80 so i went and bought some pods,from winsor world/3 shirts from tesco and some black trouses took them the proof and they gave me a giro check for 80 for post office wich i cashed instantly this is tryed and tested it works and they dont chech that you have a interveiw i never had one lol ,,so it works so them that dont no wot they talking abowt but out them that wont some free stuff thank me when you have got it coss it works

I have worked 25 years so i deff paid my tax and all be getting it all back

what you do is go to dole tell them that you have a inter view lets say marks and spencer and you need some clothes eg shoes shirt trouses,they will ask you to go get wot you need and fetch them proof or they will give you a voucher for certain shops .they told me i could have £80 so i went and bought some pods,from winsor world/3 shirts from tesco and some black trouses took them the proof and they gave me a giro check for 80 for post office wich i cashed instantly this is tryed and tested it works and they dont chech that you have a interveiw i never had one lol ,,so it works so them that dont no wot they talking abowt but out them that wont some free stuff thank me when you have got it coss it works

something clearly not right here as i had to tell them what i wanted, they then phoned the shop and got the prices, i was then issued a voucher for that shop and could get only what was suggested. if they are seriously letting you go and pick what you want then something is wrong here. i think you are maybe winding us up.

i got pods thatworks for me normally 80 in sale 40 just had to take a recipt in

your jobcentre must be an easy touch then mate. mine gave me for what i actually needed for my interview, i did actually attend interviews in the said clothes too.

one thing i did know of is, when my son was signing on, he told them he'd got an interview, and they told him if he was successful to come back and sign off, he got the job (been there a year and half now) so when he signed off the jobcenter gave him a voucher for a months travel pass for bus/train and tram it helped him out a lot, not all left ideas are stupid ab6262 as without it he wouldnt have been able to attend his job[/quote/]

so what you are saying is that if the gov /taxpayer didnt pay his bus/tram/train fare he wouldnt/couldnt have worked or taken the job eh?? i tell you what i run a business and when i am a bit stuck i will ask for a bit of help from gov/ taxpayer ok ? eh how much help would i get then? sweet FA if he couldnt afford to get to work on the bus /tram etc at first then bloody well walk! you are on a different planet!

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quotes

one thing i did know of is, when my son was signing on, he told them he'd got an interview, and they told him if he was successful to come back and sign off, he got the job (been there a year and half now) so when he signed off the jobcenter gave him a voucher for a months travel pass for bus/train and tram it helped him out a lot, not all left ideas are stupid ab6262 as without it he wouldnt have been able to attend his job

so what you are saying is that if the gov /taxpayer didnt pay his bus/tram/train fare he wouldnt/couldnt have worked or taken the job eh?? i tell you what i run a business and when i am a bit stuck i will ask for a bit of help from gov/ taxpayer ok ? eh how much help would i get then? sweet FA if he couldnt afford to get to work on the bus /tram etc at first then bloody well walk! you are on a different planet!

i see your point but do the sums.....

jsa = £128

travel permit 1 month = £80

work in advance before pay = 4 weeks

£48 to live off for 4 weeks?

with attitudes like that its no wonder so many dont want to work.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quotes

i tell you what i run a business and when i am a bit stuck i will ask for a bit of help from gov/ taxpayer ok ?

You are either a banker or operate an airline then?