Financial help with interview clothes for the unemployed

if you are claiming dole you can get upto 100 for new clothes to help you get a job so nextime you get a interveiw ask for a clothes crant its free bought new pods today new trousers 4 new shirts al free

Everybody knows this already. It only applies to a limited range of clothes, from one shop and only if you can prove it is for an interview.

well done, good luck with your interview. lets us know how it goes :)

Everybody knows this already. It only applies to a limited range of clothes, from one shop and only if you can prove it is for an interview.

I didnt, so clearly not everybody knows, even though i dont need to do this myself im sure there a a few people out there who are glad to learn of this

Another benefit for the needy that is no doubt abused by those who have no intention of obtainig work?

Could someone who has no ointention of ever seeking employment simply arrange an interview, get their free clothes and then dont bother turning up for their interview?

if you are claiming dole you can get upto 100 for new clothes to help you get a job so nextime you get a interveiw ask for a clothes crant its free bought new pods today new trousers 4 new shirts al free

WHAT!!!!!!!!! you really couldnt make this up could you! good luck to you its not you am mad about its the system! another crazy scheme dreamt up by the left for us taxpayers to pay for:(( ludicrous.

if you pass the job centre just have a look at some of the designer gear that some go to sign on in! trainers that cost over £100 etc etc

My mum had this a few year back. After been unemployed for some time. Basically get clothes vouchers for like a certain shop and it must be interview type clothes. It got her a job - £80 in vouchers.. im sure shes paid a hell of alot more back in her taxes since she got her job, left it and start her own business up! :)

its free bought new pods today new trousers 4 new shirts al free

it's not for free it costs us tax payers :mad:

one thing i did know of is, when my son was signing on, he told them he'd got an interview, and they told him if he was successful to come back and sign off, he got the job (been there a year and half now) so when he signed off the jobcenter gave him a voucher for a months travel pass for bus/train and tram it helped him out a lot, not all left ideas are stupid ab6262 as without it he wouldnt have been able to attend his job

I needed new work clothes after being offered a job and got a pair of work boots £48, three pairs of blue ripstop work trousers @ £12.99 each, three blue polo shirts @ £7.99 each, two fleeces @ £19.99 each and three hi viz vests @ £6.99 each. It's called a back to work payment and is availlable to anyone that has been out of work for 26 weeks or more and you do not have to pay it back either. I have paid my taxes for over 30 years so I reckon I am entitled to it. Well done OP for informing those that dont know about this and other payments you can claim. :thumbsup:

I didn't nor did I get the £150 back to work payment. Wasn't the best experience going to the job centre where it was obvious half the people in there didn't want to work.

Edited by An6y
Added more

In theory this is a really good idea. However I know of one person who has actually had this benefit. He had just been sacked from a job in a decent clothes shop which carried a 50% staff discount for clothing (for being caught out drinking multiple times whilst on long-term sick).

Apart from the fact his previous job should have made it clear he didn't need this perk the fact that he went to his interviews at the JC+ in designer togs might have rung alarm bells, but no, apparently not. And according to him he got £200 the had a sick note raised the following week so he was no longer obliged to send interviews. But obv he spent the money before submitting the note.